Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Heer Helmet

Article about: Hello fellow collectors! I saw this german helmet on the market today and well, I have a few conserns, the liner looks like a repro, due to the fact that it's in such good shape. The decal s

Default Re: German Heer Helmet

The paint loss on the left split pin looks the same on the top pics and the clearer of the two bottom pics. The decal also looks to have the same crooked application. Also i think the top few picstheir the helmet darker. The bottom photos show the helmet a little brighter, which I think plays with your eyes. I think they are all of the same M35.Anyone concur?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Heer Helmet
    P
    Many

The helmet 'looks' good from here but to judge the decal a better pic would be needed.

I would say that it has a very good chance of being real.

It wasn't that expensive eighter

I recived my 6th Heer helmet today.
    I'm very pleased how good it looks!

What are your opinion? I'm just wondering about 1 thing, the number in the back 327 and 64 Inside the shell, what does that mean, 327 first, when it was made etc right? I was told a few months ago but I forgot, sorryaay
    Last edited by Normandie; 04-28-2012 at 05:38 PM.

327 is the batch number, used to ID the batch of steel that was used in case of flaws. The 64 in the dome is a reiteration of the shell size, applied after the reissue. Sometimes the reissue paint fills the shell markings so they did this. You have no worries with this one IMO, very nice unissued reissue .

Looks like a great lid! Now this one is defiantly a Re issue M35. Got a new liner as its got square chinstrap lugs with rounded corners on the steal bands, so it would have been done on or after 1940.Can you see the date on the band?

The 327 is the batch number for the helmet. The 64 in the crown is a new one for me, never seen it before. Is the helmet a size 64?

Jason

Thank's for your comment boys, the helmet is very small, does not fit me, 56-58 I believe ?

-Normandie

Size 64 helmets were the most common size. This looks like a very nice helmet. I would love to have it. Congrats!

Thank you
    The price wasn't bad eighter!
    Which mean I can buy another one ! =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2