Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Luftwaffe Tropical Uniform...opinions

Article about: I haven't seen many of these. I came across this WW2 Luftwaffe Tropical Uniform that I would like some opinions as to it's authenticity..Thanks..

Hi Dave, you need Luftwaffe tropical shoulder straps. These are made of matching material to the shirt. Not exactly common, but they can be found.

The brown painted metal buttons are held in place with a small plastic button tied to the back with string.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Luftwaffe Tropical Uniform...opinions
    P
    Many

?

Great Advice Ade.. Thanks for the info... I guess I have my work cut out for me..

Or you can use S clips or a screw post fitting.

Luft trop tunic shoulder boards are fairly common, those for the shirt are not but the former is acceptable as at the time I think the shirt boards were in short supply.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Jerry! Sounds like that may be the best bet.. Any place you recommend to look...for some nice originals.. that might match?

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    Thanks Jerry! Sounds like that may be the best bet.. Any place you recommend to look...for some nice originals.. that might match?
    At one time there were loads on the WAF sales section as a lot were found that had been sewn together to make blankets. I remember the ruptured duck had some when I last looked, but that was at least 4 years back.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Jerry..

It is not unusual to see a mix of Continental (usually wool) items and tropical or Summer issue items. There may be some disagreement but it is possible to use Continental Shulterklappen. I would try to find original tropical shoulder boards first though. Here is a so called "Drillich" Summer issue Feldbluse with Continental shoulder boards - as purchased about 10 years ago. NH

German Luftwaffe Tropical Uniform...opinions

I should add I have Continental HBT Flak straps on my tropical shirt too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2