Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German patches. Real? WW2? Please educate me

Article about: Hello all I got these two patches early during my collection years but never really learned if they were real or not. I simply know one is the German eagle with swastika and the other is the

Default German patches. Real? WW2? Please educate me

Hello all

I got these two patches early during my collection years but never really learned if they were real or not. I simply know one is the German eagle with swastika and the other is the Gebirsjager insignia. Thus, any insight you can give me on these would be very welcome. First up is the Gebirsjager patch

NOTE: This is my very first post on this forum and as I didn't find an introduction subforum here goes; I am a Belgian WW2 collector (20 years old) and my main interest is the US 83rd Infantry Division and WW2 US patches. I was directed through this forum by a member on USMF since I was searching for a forum that could teach me about my non-US (German) part of my collection. Hopefully this is the right place
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German patches. Real? WW2? Please educate me   German patches. Real? WW2? Please educate me  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German patches. Real? WW2? Please educate me
    P
    Many

Second is the Eagle patch. Any help on these is very much appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German patches. Real? WW2? Please educate me   German patches. Real? WW2? Please educate me  

?

Question

We'll see what everyone else thinks, but I don't like either one of them.
    I've never seen a gebirgs patch with all those colors on the back.
    I don't like the looks of the SS eagle either.
    Sarge

Hello,
    I cant comment on WSS eagle, not my field, but the embroidered edelweiss looks OK to me.
    and welcome to the forum
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The Gebirgsjager patch actually came with this devotional picture.
    Off course I don't think it's the same as the picture but it would be nice if it's good since the seller threw it in to sweeten the deal.
    Another question I have although after your answers: how do you see that the eagle is an SS eagle? Any clues in shape or details?
    I'll try to get a scan of that later today as that would bring out beter detail and colors and maybe help in properly determining it's good or not. (since these pictures were taken with my phone)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German patches. Real? WW2? Please educate me  

The eagle has NOT landed......Fake I'm afraid, looks more like a penguin head

Hi Ragtag,
    Welcome to the forum, yes agree with Sarge that the colouring on rear of the Edelweiss is strange.
    Below are a few pics of coloured patches and the colour does not seemed to have run on these.

German patches. Real? WW2? Please educate me

So the eagle is a fake but there doesn't seem to be a general agreement on the Gebirgsjager which might also mean it isn't good?
    Hope someone can chime in with a definitive answer

has put it under a uv light?
    is not definitive but, it is a first step
    Jedem das Seine

Haven't put it under blacklight yet, will do as soon as I get one.
    As this turns out to be a bit of a let down, do these hold any value?
    And what would be the value on the Gebirgs if it's good?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast