Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German soldier winter setup

Article about: Was very lucky recently in finding a complete kit setup of a German winter soldier for sale. Everything is original with a range of dates from 1937 - 1944. The greatcoat has a range of field

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Sorry to say but this is not true, these D-rings were not primarily intented as an attachment point for the Tornister, they were primarily meant for the A-frame and were adopted at the same time under the same official text of 1939. The Tornister was modified at the same time to be retained on the Y-straps, it's not the Y-straps that evoluted in order to take the Tornister. Before the adoption of the Y-straps, there weren't two types of Tornister, only the one with carrying straps existed (M34). It's because Y-straps were adopted that the Tornister lost its carrying straps and had the same hooks than the A-frame fitted on.
    Thanks
    You've taught me something new today! Field gear has never been one of my strong areas...

B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German soldier winter setup
    P
    Many

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    You've taught me something new today! Field gear has never been one of my strong areas...

B.B.
    BB good book here by someone .....

Jean-Philippe Borg's Book - German Combat Equipment
    "Per Ardua"

To answer your question JPhillip - there is no hood on this greatcoat. The collar flips up and buttons around the mouth/nose but no hood. I can't afford an original A frame at the moment (cant believe how expensive originals are!), but have ordered a weathered reproduction to fill in for the time being. I'm looking at original zeltbahns and an A frame bag that will cover the frame anyway with the mess tin.

Over the last few weeks, I managed to track down some of the items I need. The A frame is supposed to be a repro, but I've had mixed opinions on it. I'm thinking it's a repro though. The Mess tin, A frame bag and Zeltbahn are original - the zeltbahn has definitely seen some use. The mannequin isn't assembled at the moment, but this will look good on it once it's all back up. Last thing I need to track down is a straight handle entrenching tool and holder

Hello,
    Thanks for the answer about the hood.
    I can confirm you that the A-frame is a reproduction, the Beutel (A-frame bag) is a repro as well.
    The Zeltbahn and messkit are original.
    Shovel carriers are harder to get than shovels, good luck
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

ET carriers are tough to find and I paid lots for mine (43) even back 20 years ago!!

I'm just going to see what comes up, I'm in no rush for an ET. Hopefully I can find an original ET and carrier together.

The A frame bag was sold as original, but I didn't pay a huge amount for it so I don't really mind. It's at least hidden mainly by the zeltbahn. What defines this one as a repro? It certainly looks, feels and smells old haha.

Quote by AusA380 View Post
    What defines this one as a repro? It certainly looks, feels and smells old haha.
    Hello again,
    Everything defines this Beutel as a reproduction.
    Cut, material, cloth, workmanship...everything is bad here and i'm not even talking about both eyelets...
    below is an original, you can spot the differences i guess...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

A great start, keep it up Aus. I put together a similar mannequin a few years ago, takes time......but well worth it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German soldier winter setup   German soldier winter setup  

Promising to be a nice display when its done Aus,

Don't get too hung up on an ET cover, this guy didn't have one!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast