Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

German soldier winter setup

Article about: Was very lucky recently in finding a complete kit setup of a German winter soldier for sale. Everything is original with a range of dates from 1937 - 1944. The greatcoat has a range of field

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Don't get too hung up on an ET cover, this guy didn't have one!
    Hello,
    He was issued with a carrier when he received his shovel, no doubt about it......but when you're a WSS first MG shooter from the Kampfgruppe Hansen reenacting an attack on an american convoy, carrying your shovel stuck in the belt allows to show off more in front of the Bildberichter...it's also the case for the combat knife that hides the runes at the collar...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German soldier winter setup
    P
    Many

Of course he was issued one JP, my point was more for Aus and not expecting to have everything for his display all at once. Adding items and letting the display develop is an exciting part of collecting.

Hello again,
    I know what was your point, mine being always the same : better quality than quantity...
    For the collector on a budget, like i've been for 30 years, patience is the key to success.
    Money savings in order to buy the good item needed even if more expensive than expected.
    it's better than 2 or 3 lookalikes that are worth nothing...
    An original will always be original, a repro will always be crap...

Shovels carriers are not easy to come by these days, especially early war leather ones, but pressed carboard ones can be found for a reasonable price, with or without the shovel. It is not only a matter of prices. A collector has to search, learn, enquire, ask and collect items according to his budget
    Depicting german soldiers is no joke, like any other soldier...
    For the collector who wants original items : Tarnmilitaria.com | V 2.0
    scroll from page 1 to page 39 and everything needed in this thread is there :
    Aframe, Aframe Beutel, specific messkit strap and shovel + carrier.
    Yes it costs money, but layway plans can be decided with the dealer or fellow collector, no shame
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks for your replies everyone, the information you can gain from the people on here is great! That's part of the fun of collecting really, tracking down the original items! That's an awesome setup visor, one day I plan on getting the pony fur pack and accessories so I can change the setup of mine between assault or marching pack. Why, oh why is this hobby so addicting (and expensive)?! haha

Just came across this: The Collector's Guild - exactly the same as the one I purchased (even the eyelets!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3