Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

on German tunic!!!!

Article about: Hello members, i would like to get your feedback on this tunic. Is it an M36? Is it infantry? If so why are the background of the collar tabs green instead of white/cream? The shoulder tab s

Default on German tunic!!!!

Hello members, i would like to get your feedback on this tunic. Is it an M36? Is it infantry? If so why are the background of the collar tabs green instead of white/cream?
    The shoulder tab seems to be resewn but i don't know if it's field repairing or post war.
    Any thing you can see that i don't?
    Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on German tunic!!!!   on German tunic!!!!  

on German tunic!!!!   on German tunic!!!!  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement on German tunic!!!!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: on German tunic!!!!

It is a nice tricot made original tunic
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Chris, good original tunic, but as you say a repaired or replaced shoulder board. The collar tabs are conventional.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade long time no see
    What does conventional mean?

Sorry Chris, I forget sometimes we are all not native English speakers. But you write Engish so well I forget! I don't know hardly a word of Greek, despite going to Greece many times.

It is usual or normal.

You were mixing up parade (waffenrock tunics) with white backed collar tabs. Field tunics have green backing to the basic tab.

Cheers, Ade.

donkihotis7, Ade means, they are as they should be, officers "kragenspiegel" (coller patches) should have a dark green backing on the service tunic, I think you are getting mixed up with the "Parade" waffenrock, where the backing of the patches are the arm of service colour (waffenfarbe), for example white/red/black etc etc......
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Sorry Chris, I forget sometimes we are all not native English speakers. But you write Engish so well I forget! I don't know hardly a word of Greek, despite going to Greece many times.

It is usual or normal.

You were mixing up parade (waffenrock tunics) with white backed collar tabs. Field tunics have green backing to the basic tab.

Cheers, Ade.
    No prob Ade. I love this forum for giving me so much useful information and knowledge but also for practicing my English. I have a notepad next to me and i write new words that i come across every time. Conventional is the second one coming from you. The previous was ''avidly''. You were referring to reading
    As for Greek, usually tourists coming to Cyprus learn 3 words: Yia sou (Hello), Kalimera (good morning) and malakas (asshole) lol

Dimas and Steve thanks for your help also.

I have received more pictures. Is it possible to know if the repair on the bottom front is a field one or post war? Seller says is a field repair.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on German tunic!!!!   on German tunic!!!!  

on German tunic!!!!   on German tunic!!!!  

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

It is usual or normal.

Cheers, Ade.
    Don,t feel bad Ade sometimes Okies don't speak english either or so I have been told.
    SteveR

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast