Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a german ww2 coats?

Article about: I'm just a beginner in collecting militaria and I got a hold of these two coats. Does anybody know what they are? The first one im pretty sure is german becayse of its buttons. Would appreci

Crippe
    ?

Default Is this a german ww2 coats?

I'm just a beginner in collecting militaria and I got a hold of these two coats. Does anybody know what they are? The first one im pretty sure is german becayse of its buttons.

Would appreciate some help in identifing them!

Coat 1 says "Harefa" with letters in a green logo inside the collar, coat 2 manufacturers name is really hard to make out. I wont post pictures of the collar tags to prevent fakers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a german ww2 coats?   Is this a german ww2 coats?  

Is this a german ww2 coats?   Is this a german ww2 coats?  

Is this a german ww2 coats?   Is this a german ww2 coats?  

Is this a german ww2 coats?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Is this a german ww2 coats?

Hi, welcome to the forum you're at the best place to be if you're beginning to collect militaria I'm not an expert on this sort of thing, but you are right saying that the buttons on the first jacket are German. However these buttons were used on German clothing and equipment for many years after the war, personally I think the first is post war East German, possibly the second jacket too.

Thanks

Danny

I believe the second coat are an german ww2 coastal artillary jacket. The buttons are similar to the ones used by the coastal artillary.

Hello,
    they're both german.
    first one is a postwar "Klepper" made of rubber
    second is a grey leather KM jacket worn by battleships and U-boote crews.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Crippe
    ?

Thank you so much for your replies and help in identifieing them! And thanks for the wellcome!

I think I´ll sell the kriegsmarine jacket, but keep the other one, because the other ones fits me perfectly ; )