Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German WWII Kriegsmarine Hospital Robe or Brothel Robe ?

Article about: Has anyone ever seen or heard of a Kriegsmarine hospital robe or possibly a 'brothel' robe? I have this robe that someone is wanting to sell. They said it is made of rayon (which I'm not eve

Default German WWII Kriegsmarine Hospital Robe or Brothel Robe ?

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a Kriegsmarine hospital robe or possibly a 'brothel' robe? I have this robe that someone is wanting to sell. They said it is made of rayon (which I'm not even sure was around during WWII). Any help would be great. thanks!

Bill
    German WWII Kriegsmarine Hospital Robe or Brothel Robe ?German WWII Kriegsmarine Hospital Robe or Brothel Robe ?German WWII Kriegsmarine Hospital Robe or Brothel Robe ?German WWII Kriegsmarine Hospital Robe or Brothel Robe ?German WWII Kriegsmarine Hospital Robe or Brothel Robe ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WWII Kriegsmarine Hospital Robe or Brothel Robe ?
    P
    Many

Rayon was around during the war, it was used to package rations for example. No idea about this piece in particular though.

It's a Schutzkittel (protective smock) AKA Dienstkittel (service smock), worn as a work uniform by female naval auxiliaries. An additional white collar was to be buttoned into the garment's collar.

No connection to hospitals or brothels.

I cannot comment on authenticity.

HPL your comment really amused me for some reason.

Thanks for the comments so far. Is this a rare piece? I have tried to find info, but I have not had any luck. I would like to buy it for my collection, but I don't want to overpay. He told me to make an offer and also said something about uniforms that sell anywhere from 400 and up, but this is not a 'uniform' in the regular sense (to me anyway), so I was thinking more around $200? Any thoughts? thanks again