MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

GJ M35 Feldbluse

Article about: Greetings all, I’d love to share this a modified M35 tunic belonging to an Obergefreiter of the Gebirgstruppen which,after the War,spent its life in a closet complete with its internal

Default GJ M35 Feldbluse

Greetings all,
    I’d love to share this a modified M35 tunic belonging to an Obergefreiter of the Gebirgstruppen which,after the War,spent its life in a closet complete with its internal suspenders,hooks,kragenbinde,a lot of theater tickets in its pockets, a pair of gebirgshosen and a pair of huge-sized (31),stone-mint mountain boots …too bad no headgear was found as well,but you cannot have everyting can,you?Photos of the rest of the gear will follow soon but I have thought that this tunic would have been the centerpiece, of course!
    The owner had it modified by shortening it and getting rid of the bellows in the lower pockets which in the process got lifted up to cover the holes for the belt hooks,leaving only one for the hooks to pass thru.
    It retains the original eagle, while the litzen have been replaced with later style mouse gray patches but short strands of the thread the original were sewn with still remain visible under the collar.The latter had its point rounded up somewhat.
    The tunic is depot stamped M / 36 and was first issued to a Nachrichten Kompanie (markings faded but still readable!),then was sent back for repair and re-issued to our man….it doesn’t retain its bandage pocket anymore but to tell when it was removed and by whom it’s hard,not to say impossible!
    The pockets were full of tickets and other papers,some of which have M.Kp.I.Geb.Jag.Ers.Btl 98 stamped on it.Looks like our friend has been stationed at Garmisch Partenkirchen where he has spen considerable time,and many of the tickets/papers found in his tunic’s pockets refer to a “Saal der Gasthauses Rassen Partenkirchen…I've contacted the family who owns this place (Gasthof zum Rassen Partenkirchen Garmisch ) and they confirmed that it was a very popular place amongst German soldiers and officers stationed there!
    I’d rather let the pictures do the rest of the talking about this very interesting time capsule!
    Enjoy
    Manny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GJ M35 Feldbluse   GJ M35 Feldbluse  

GJ M35 Feldbluse   GJ M35 Feldbluse  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GJ M35 Feldbluse
    P
    Many

Default Re: GJ M35 Feldbluse

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GJ M35 Feldbluse   GJ M35 Feldbluse  

GJ M35 Feldbluse  

The trousers!Look at the steel buckles...they're still of a deep blueing as if they have been made yesterday!

GJ M35 Feldbluse  

All very nice items

Cheers, Ade.

?

yes as ade said above... another impecable item as usual thank you for posting

Very nice

Thanks a ton for your comments guys!
    Cheers
    Manny