Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Goring panzer uniform

Article about: Hi all This piece is for sale in an antique store in the U.K. near where I live It’s a lovely piece I’ve known about for a few years I appreciate it’s a very unique piece so peafowl may not

I don't like the look of the tunic size stamps. Seems to me the number "style" is wrong and I would expect something more like this;

Goring panzer uniform

Compare the number "4" and "2" with the OP's example.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Goring panzer uniform
    P
    Many

Some more pics he had on file
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Goring panzer uniform   Goring panzer uniform  

Goring panzer uniform   Goring panzer uniform  

Some more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Goring panzer uniform   Goring panzer uniform  

Goring panzer uniform  

-- No doubt, if 100% authentic, the price is what I'd expect. I have a friend whom collects them so I know what they're worth. I'm no expert on panzer uniforms but I do collect many panzer collar tabs. I must admit though this entire package almost seems too good to be true. However, the price is in the right ballpark. I'd definitely make a stipulation that it be authenticated by an expert before purchasing. There's just too much money at stake and the owner shouldn't have any problem with allowing this.

p.s. the friend I mention has a near-mint panzer cap he'd sell me and that alone is $7,000 Canadian dollars!

Hey medium tall thanks very much for yo input , is your friend on here and do you think he’d have a look at the pictures for me?
    Speak soon
    Sam

As already mentioned, no expert can give you a green light based on such photos that evade crucial details. If you are seriously considering the set, you need to go take those microscopic photos yourself. If the dealer is reluctant about that, that is already a sign for you to run away.

No the dealer isn’t reluctant I just haven’t had chance to go down yet and he subsequently sent me more close up photos which I’ve added above

I'll help you out by demonstrating what kind of photos you typically need to take, also in terms of resolution and size (click on the photos to see them in original size). These photos are from a second pattern piped army wrapper, which had the straps completely sewn down as per early practice. Therefore I could not show the underside of the straps, but you need to show both sides in similar detail. These are minimum photo requirements that wrapper collectors need. HG collectors surely would have further checkpoints, which you should ask for before going on a photoshoot. By the way, smartphone photos will not offer acceptable quality, so take a proper camera with you with good macro capability. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2