Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

grandson brought in grandpa's war relics

Article about: Just got a grouping of some thirty pieces.Portland show is finally paying off. First real Deutsche Luftwaffe yellow armband I have ever gotten. Real lose weave. H Aurich Dresden 1942 steel a

?

Now i dont see any reason to accuse the starter of this thread for underpaying. He only say he got some new treasures.

What am i missing here?!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement grandson brought in grandpa's war relics
    P
    Many

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    Because I was at the Portland show today at the expo center and I brought in a german helmet looking to trade. So I went to a guy at a booth and asked his thoughts on it. Of course I know what it's worth and he was like it isn't worth much and blah blah and offered me 100 dollars on a 700 plus helmet. So I just assumed....heck it could be this guy for all I know
    So, I guess there must have only been one or two "booths"?
    Just because someone bought some items from a grandson of a vet, there is no reason to believe there is any wrong doing here, and no reason to accuse anyone of it. That is how most of our items are acquired.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Can't blame the dealer for the seller's lack of knowledge... If you're going to sell an item to a dealer, you won't receive a collector's price, that's just common sense, as the dealer has to make a profit...The hardest part of being a dealer isn't selling, it's BUYING...
    If you're going to sell something, at least know what it is that you're selling...that goes for anything, not just militaria...
    Glenn

yep got it

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    ....heck it could be this guy for all I know
    Then again, it might not be. And thanks for the "over and out".
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

I worked for Elden & Sylvia Leasure of "Leasures Treasures" in Colorado Springs, well-established collectible dealers in business for around 50 years already...
    Elden once told me that it no longer suffices to just double your money, you have to TRY to triple your money nowadays to meet expenses and turn a decent profit...Just something to think about when you're selling to a dealer, because that's what he's thinking about!...
    One more important point: Sentimental value and commercial value are two entirely different things...
    cheers,
    Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 03-23-2015 at 01:05 AM.

?

It works both ways too.. I have scored big from a dealer who didn't do his homework.. I guess some don't bring that up... Naw... They do !!....
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Exactly, that's why I try to remind folks that "Knowledge trumps money" in this hobby...It's the only way I could ever afford it.
    Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 03-23-2015 at 04:48 PM.

?

Correct.. Had this scenario (as we don't know) been like... "Kid these are worth X amount of dollars" I will give "You" "Y" amount of $$ The kid received information and may have walked away to the "Next" dealer... Really ... In this hobby, And I know most here are better than the
    unscrupulous dealers that shall remain anonymous.. What would you have done ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

yeah well, good points. Probally just bad experiences in the past lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast