Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.

Article about: This came in the mail today, forgot I'd bought it Neat book with a vintage flavor, 1977 print date, they also printed it again in 1994. I liked this one being older. My personal reason is th

Default Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.

This came in the mail today, forgot I'd bought it

Neat book with a vintage flavor, 1977 print date, they also printed it again in 1994. I liked this one being older. My personal reason is that I've become suspicious of period pics on the internet recently, movie stills and re-enactment pics are being passed off as the real thing. I want to read a book where I'm reasonably certain the pics are genuine.

This is a pretty nifty book and easily had for very little money. Nice combination.

PS I've had that book next to it for a couple years, I'm getting pretty itchy to read it... The Arms of Krupp. I bet it's pretty fascinating, if you like that sort of history.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice. I've seen this book around at the local shows.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is pretty nice, an oldie but a goodie

MAP
    ?

I'm sure it is. I love looking at old pictures. They like an item tell a story.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The old pics really draw me in, but I'm kind of a photo nut anyway. The book is awesome if you go gaga over combat uniforms and field gear. I didn't buy it with the educational aspect in mind, although of course it's there, but killer reference book on all kinds of real period stuff.

Sad thing is that all over eBay now sellers are scanning pics like these, and printing them to make $$$, and the picture quality often time *****, but I suppose people buy them, or they wouldn't waste their time. eBay is a great place to right click and snag a lot of WWII pics... May as well, they're stealing them from books without any care about copyright, so why not help yourself as long as it's not for personal gain.

All the same, this book has pics I haven't seen anywhere else.

It's like Playboy for guys like us

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    The old pics really draw me in, but I'm kind of a photo nut anyway. The book is awesome if you go gaga over combat uniforms and field gear. I didn't buy it with the educational aspect in mind, although of course it's there, but killer reference book on all kinds of real period stuff.

Sad thing is that all over eBay now sellers are scanning pics like these, and printing them to make $$$, and the picture quality often time *****, but I suppose people buy them, or they wouldn't waste their time. eBay is a great place to right click and snag a lot of WWII pics... May as well, they're stealing them from books without any care about copyright, so why not help yourself as long as it's not for personal gain.

All the same, this book has pics I haven't seen anywhere else.

It's like Playboy for guys like us
    You know that Playboy just changed their policy. Seriously

No, I wouldn't know anything about that. Let me guess, it's a family magazine now?

I have it also and is a great book to have as a staple on the book shelf! 1971 is the original print

Hello,
    For sure a true classic...along with the Funcken's series this book is part of my childhood. As a child i got my example from my local fleamarket, purchased by my horrified grandma who could not stand germany and the germans. She was from Alsace....her father had to fight for germany in WWI...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Yep, a good reference of its' period. There is a lot more that has become known since publication which has resulted in the so called "forensic" studies of today of which I have quite a few but they all cover very narrow areas of subject albeit in great detail.

This book remains a great all round reference and as such it maintains a place on my bookshelf and has since I bought it new in the early '70s. Mine is the 1973 revision

BL Davies also wrote a similar book on British uniforms which attracts high prices on fairs these days!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast