Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.

Article about: This came in the mail today, forgot I'd bought it Neat book with a vintage flavor, 1977 print date, they also printed it again in 1994. I liked this one being older. My personal reason is th

Great stuff everyone, I had no idea that this lowly vintage book would spark such a great thread

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.
    P
    Many

Indeed. The SS book was not the only thing I purchased from the bowels of that bookstore storeroom in 2011. I do recall stumbling through the city with numb fingers from the weight of two shopping bags full of books cutting off the circulation. My baggage allowance on the flight back to the Gulf was therefore a concern also.

When time permits I will share more images, the old books are the best. (and smell nice too)

BL Davis book is not lowly

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    When time permits I will share more images, the old books are the best. (and smell nice too)
    Not always. I own used copies of the old two-volume "Orders, Decorations, Medals and Badges..." work by Dodkins & Littlejohn and even after many years in my possession, one can still tell that the original owner must have been the Chainsmoking World Champion.

Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.old books

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    even after many years in my possession, one can still tell that the original owner must have been the Chainsmoking World Champion.
    Always exceptions to the rule!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    old books
    With the immortal Reibert among them... I have a copy of the 1936 edition owned by my grandfather during his Wehrmacht days, seen here with the 2008 incarnation (come to think of it, I should really get myself a newer one):

?

BL Davis's book.......The original 3rd Reich "bible" when it comes to uniforms etc. I've had my copy for "donkeys years"!

Yes, more information has come to light since it was written, but, it is still worth it's weight in gold. (Personal opinion only, or not, as the case may be!)

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Keep in mind that there was no internet at the time, and collectors were all pretty much on their own -at least I was- as a kid growing up in Germany back then...Most of my information concerning WH Equipment was gleaned from Book-Photos or Movies...And in Germany in the 1970s-80s there was precious little interest in WWII Militaria, the market was in its infancy compared with today's international dealings...
    It's all about knowledge- Thirsting for knowledge, expanding knowledge, sharing and exchanging knowledge...the more you've invested in gaining knowledge the less money you'll spend in this endeavor...The Hobby has come a long way, and I'm proud to be a part of this Noble & Knowledgeable Community...
    cheers, Glenn

A quick search has located another of my bookstore basement gems. This time we have a pictorial documentation of the Grossdeutschland Division by Horst Scheibert, a 1973 German language reprint of the 1970 original.

My German is limited at best so essentially this book was bought for the pretty pictures alone. Here we see a radio team, I assume the guy to the rear is the walking power supply unit?

Another interesting shot, this time a GD daredevil at some kind of sports day entertainment.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast