MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.

Article about: This came in the mail today, forgot I'd bought it Neat book with a vintage flavor, 1977 print date, they also printed it again in 1994. I liked this one being older. My personal reason is th

These were from Podzun Verlag, which served the interests of Wehrmacht veterans. I bought as many as I could in the early
    70s when I was fully in my stride. They are all reprinted and still around.
    My book store from which I buy in Berlin Charlottenburg carries them all. Some of them are quite rare in their own right.

Berliner Zinnfiguren & Preussisches Buecherkabinett
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-13-2015 at 07:35 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.
    P
    Many

Podzun Verlag, correct! Your memory does not fail you FB.

Now that I look, I see I paid $50 for this example from Chartwell booksellers of 55 East 52nd st, NY.

The place I use in Berlin also is very good for second hand books, and I buy a lot from them.

Berliner Zinnfiguren & Preussisches Buecherkabinett

Great basic older book on uniforms, on the cheap, with added benefit.I guess for certain persons, books are a burden, but I write them for a living, so I also buy lots of them.

Used to be a more common habit---the ownership of a library and the ideal of education as a sign of bourgeois honor. Or priestly order....

As much as I work in this space here, the less I think that knowledge here is really of much use other than to a select few, who are already familiar with the actual literature.

I have never been able to grasp fully the non linear, concierge service perception of knowledge or "information," as it is celebrated in this unhappy year.

Even if one of us answers, the answer still relies on conventional knowledge and learning as it has existed for centuries.

Hooray for old books.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-13-2015 at 10:32 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Hooray for old books.
    ...and their authors, readers, vendors, collectors and curators!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    ...and their authors, readers, vendors, collectors and curators!
    I could not agree more.

Now this thread is taking a turn for the brilliant

Ahhhh, great shot of the Kradmelders going through the ring of fire. I would do it! No, wait... I would have done that a "few" years back. Now, I would probably just hurt myself.

No to divert the thread but can anyone make out what they are riding. A two stroke single of some sort, Zundapp, Puch, DKW?

But if you can buy all these things at no expense, then all the better for you all.

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I have it also and is a great book to have as a staple on the book shelf! 1971 is the original print
    I bought a copy of this book back in the 70's and I still have it. Actually, I have two copies, different editions that are slightly different from each other.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4