Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?

Article about: A friend picked these up with a few other things. I thinking about buying them. They look ok to me, but I'd like some second opinions please! Thanks in advance!

Quote by Newbie View Post
    J,I wasn't insinuating that you do not know what you are talking about,I hope you didn't take it that way!

Hello,
    No problem, dont worry...
    Everyone can misjudge an item or make a mistake.
    Not saying that i think i was wrong concerning these shoulderstraps...i still have the same opinion, even if your friend received good offers for them.
    Not everything that comes from a vet's family or the vet itself is genuine.
    I'm just a bit surprised that no one else gives an opinion here....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?
    P
    Many

For what it's worth I am in agreement with JPhilip.
    As already stated not everything that comes from the vet is legit. They have a funny way of forgetting things. I know, I've dealt with a few of them. These are porporting to be mid/late war straps.

You can see the quality of the embroidering on the ones put up for discussion comes no where near an original.
    Just a question, on the back where the stitching is going along the strap, could we get a close up. It does make a difference to be able to see the rear, but on this occassion i don't think it will change my opinion
    Re-enactments at their best (or worst)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?   Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?  

?

Once they arrive in the mail, I'll take better pics.

Hello again,
    IMO taking better photos wont make them original Grossdeutschland shoulderstraps...
    If it was me, i would say to my friend that they're repros
    The vet's son also should be told that they're bad...
    WWII german shoulderstraps is a real minefield, and more if we talk about shoulderstraps from prestigious units...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

?

Yeah, straps I'm usually really good with......however I don't know enough about GD items.....to me they looked not quite right, but my buddy posted them as well on a different site....the price I paid was a steal(for real GD boards)........so I quickly purchased them before he changed his mind....he said today he'd be happy to take them back,I hope that means with a refund, lol....

Hello,
    To say the truth, i've seen far better made GD repros shoulderstraps in the past...
    Most of them were made to deceive GD specialized collectors and not for reenactement.
    When one handles a M40 tropical cap, the first thing to check is grommets...when checking a shoulderstrap, IMO first thing is buttonholes.
    If your friend is glad to take them back it's perhaps because he received far better offers than what you paid for in the first place...(not cool...), which means that they should be in another collection soon...instead of being "REPROS" marked or even burnt (both already seen).
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 11-14-2014 at 02:05 PM.

In Memoriam :

?

Here are better pics, for what it's worth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?   Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?  

Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?   Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?  

Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?   Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?  

Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?  

?

UV tested, no fluorescent glow.

Uv test is not the definitive test. It only really works with paper. Although they look good.i still stand by my original opinion. Biggest giveaway?the button holes

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Uv test is not the definitive test. It only really works with paper. Although they look good.i still stand by my original opinion. Biggest giveaway?the button holes
    Hi,

I have to agree that they are not original IMO.

The cloth is fluffy and new looking, construction not consistent with GD originals I have seen before and the rarity of these items plus the number of copies on the market makes me very suspicious of this pair.

Just my opinion, if you are happy with them that is all that matters.

cheers

Tony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast