Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Großdeutschland Tunic

Article about: Hello folks. The summer shows are approaching fast, and I'm starting to look at various prospective purchases. One such item I am seriously considering is this; an M42/43 combat tunic belong

Quote by real steel View Post
    JP
    I never would have thought that. I have not seen an EM tunic of this material. Caps & pants yes...but not the tunic factory made for EM.
    Hello David,
    The italian Officer gabardine was indeed used to produced Feldblusen. I used to own one, but it's long time gone. I still own an Einheitsfeldmütze and a pair of pants 43 made of this very nice gabardine. Until today, the Feldbluse 42 is the rarest because the Feldbluse 43 was already in production when they start using this gabardine. One can find Feldblusen 43 and 44 in italian gabardine, this gabardine is nicer than those ersatz wools...i do have a nice studio portrait with a german soldier who wear a Feldbluse 43, but i can't show it right now as it's going to be part of my next work released at the end of the month.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Großdeutschland Tunic
    P
    Many

Quote by CBH View Post
    The eagle looks like the enlisted man version, but I could be wrong

Hello,
    and the answer is.....................................wrong, sorry
    That's an Officer Hoheitsabzeichen meant for the Waffenrock...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Quote by TWS View Post
    Brodie, JP, and David,

I think all advanced TR uniform collectors are familiar with the wide use of gaberdine. All I'm trying to do is advise someone who is about to make their first foray into buying a field tunic is to get one that is as textbook and mainstream as possible. I also would advise a new uniform collector to go for a more modest investment on the first go around than a GD tunic. That's what I did 30 years ago and slowly worked my way up to more advanced stuff. I bought a "factory stock" Luftwaffe FLAK Obergefreiter Tuchrock, and then a couple untouched Waffenrocks... and then worked all the way up to my present insanity.
    Hello,
    Thanks for advising our fellow members....
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

TWS
    ?

Definitely. They have had the one you are favoring for quite a while, so I would attempt to negotiate the price if you want to have a go at it.

My problem is that I like both field and dress uniforms. Would be cheaper and take up less space if I could just focus on one category.

Quote by TWS View Post
    Definitely. They have had the one you are favoring for quite a while, so I would attempt to negotiate the price if you want to have a go at it.

My problem is that I like both field and dress uniforms. Would be cheaper and take up less space if I could just focus on one category.
    Variety is the bane of the collector. So much to buy, so little time and space. If I had the money, I'd probably have stacks of both already.

The one with the edelweiss on the sleeve is definitely the one I'm most likely to pursue. It isn't shown in the pictures, but it also has a bronze driver's badge on the other sleeve. It has everything I'm looking for in a combat tunic, although I'll have to procure some belt hooks from somewhere. I'll examine it in person when I attend the first show, and if all goes well I'll come back with it. I've never been a great negotiator, so we'll have to see where things go in regards to price.

Either way, it's a good deal cheaper than the tunic I started this thread with!

Regards, B.B.

TWS
    ?

Good thing is the hooks are easy to find and inexpensive. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2