MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me!

Article about: Hey Lars, it looks older in person...my black light is dead, lol....I have a good feeling on this one.....they are obscure group, the RNNA...I just like this patch!

?

Default Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me!

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted,I am interested in this sleeve shield. I have looked at previous posts on here and am confident this is legit. I would like some opinions on what is a good/fair price. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has had a happy and fun and safe holiday season so far!
    Attached Images Attached Images Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me!  Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me!
    P
    Many

?

Ade, didn't you post about one of these sometime ago? I have been looking, but I can't find the post.

Hi Josh, mine is regular POA.

Very hard to judge this one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Being a handmade item it takes a leap of faith to accept these.

Fred

?

The PHHA(RNNA, RUSSIAN NATIONALISTS AMY) began its formation in 41-42 and saw its first action in May of 42 in the Yelnia area. They were one of the Wehrmacht's first units comprised of POW's and volunteers. They wore Red Army uniforms with shoulder straps sewn on and the white-red-blue cocades. I like the look of this patch . The construction is similar to other hand/theatre made patches, like the POA versions.

Fred Green
    ?

The construction is similar to other hand/theatre made patches, like the POA versions

Hello,

Do you have some examples to compare with? The thing that bothers me with this patch is the individual that made it was a great embroiderer and could chain stitch but was unable to utilize a standard, consistent stitch while sewing.

Fred

?

You're right,I didn't think about that.....I just have a gut.....if I can pick it up fairly cheap,I may take a leap of faith. I don't have any to compare to in my collection....let's just say, for argument sake, it's legit...what would one be worth?

?

Here are better pictures guys....it smells wicked old, and I really like the multi piece construction! The backing is a burlap type material....opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me!   Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me!  

Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me!   Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me!  

Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me!   Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me!  

Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me!  

?

No opinions guys?

?

Try a "black light" test. Not that it will give a definitive answer though. Hand made items are always difficult as said earlier. It might be good but i think the blue burlap backing looks much older than the rest of the patch. It does not look worn at all actually

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast