Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me!

Article about: Hey Lars, it looks older in person...my black light is dead, lol....I have a good feeling on this one.....they are obscure group, the RNNA...I just like this patch!

?

Hey Lars, it looks older in person...my black light is dead, lol....I have a good feeling on this one.....they are obscure group, the RNNA...I just like this patch!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hand made Russian volunteer sleeve shield, looks good to me!
    P
    Many

?

There isn't a lot of info on this unit. I find it hard to believe that if they are that hard to find info on that I haven't seen more of these items out there, you would think the repro guys would be pumping rarer items like this out in greater quantities.

?

Quote by Newbie View Post
    There isn't a lot of info on this unit. I find it hard to believe that if they are that hard to find info on that I haven't seen more of these items out there, you would think the repro guys would be pumping rarer items like this out in greater quantities.
    Little demand for items like this. Being handmade it's a total leap of faith. I'd pass, it looks virtually unworn. "Wicked old" smell is not a sign of originality. If it's more than $25 I'd pass.

?

I agree that the smell does not mean original...it was with several other items that l know were original. I know it's a leap of faith, it does look older in hand than in photos. My gut feeling is this is a good one. I didn't pay a lot,I made an offer and the seller agreed, he isn't a collector, just happened into the items.

?

Now you have something to investigate. Good luck!

?

The white is actually an off white....it does have age to the whole thing, it looks older in hand and there is soiling and staining on all of it...my camera washed allot of that out and brightened the overall look of the patch...I have found two pages about the RNNA.

?

The patch did pass the burn test....replacing my UV bulb, hopefully today.

?

I found some more info on feldgrau.com.......the RNNA(Russian National People's army), was formed around the same time as the RONA in Byelorussia and near Smolesnsk In 1941. The first formation being an SS was disbanded in 1943. The second formation was a Heer formation known as the Boyarski Brigade met the same demise in 1943.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2