Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HBT Tunic

Article about: It's an original Schilfgrun Drillichrock with replaced insigna and ribbon...modified,used and abused!If you're on a budget it'll fill the bill but if you can wait for an original one pass on

?

Default HBT Tunic

Hi Guys,

I’m after a bit of help with the HBT tunic below. This is my first potential tunic purchase when it comes to WWII German uniforms, after many years of looking. So I was hoping if you guys could run your eyes over it and tell me what you think.
    I don’t mind that it is a bit rough and knocked around and I assume the eagle and ribbon has been reapplied.
    Sorry about the quality of the photos, they are sellers photos not mine.

Thanks in advance.
    Michael

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

HBT Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HBT Tunic
    P
    Many

?

I believe that the eagle and the KvK ribbon are post war applied. The jacket is in worn condition.

Agree nice original worn HBT combat tunic. timothy

Aside from the fact that it's literally been through a war, it looks straight enough(aside from the reapplied insignia, of course. It is likely a POW jacket that was stripped(and No, they weren't all painted with a big P on the back)-these used to be available all over, but, as you say, they are getting seldom seen now. I remember buying these jackets for a dollar or sometimes 2 and wearing them as work jackets back in the 60's.)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks guys for your help.
    I thought it looked like a good tunic, even if the eagle is reapplied and well worn. But i just wanted to be sure as it will be my first german uniform purchase.
    Thanks again for your help guys, its much appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Michael

?

Is the eagle 'good' even though reapplied?
    any other opinions on the tunic?

A well worn piece, but if anything it shows the originality. Reapplied original eagle.

Feldbluse - not Tunic. An original for sure. It is a transitional type without pleats in the pockets. I like it and if it is offered at a good price you should grab it. The Einheitzabzeichen looks good - it has the dots in the middle of the Hakenkreuz. NH

Yes, the eagle looks fine too. I like how whoever did it stuck the ribbon in the button hole! Don't know if it actually Belongs there(there's no way to tell, of course) but it looks good!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello,
    It's an original heavily modified/repaired/shortened and well worn Drillichrock with reapplied Hoheitsabzeichen.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast