Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic

Article about: Thanks Manny, I did take this into consideration before posting my question. Hi Tim! Great to see you here. We will all benefit from your knowledge and balanced views. Mark

Default Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic

Hi all,
    Ade’s comments have fueled my will to post more items here with as many pictures as possible but I won’t indulge into lengthy descriptions.
    Now it’s the time for a beautiful first-model tropical jacket,referred to as the M40 tropical tunic,which has been ABSOLUTELY un-touched since the end of the War,down to its lone shoulder board (we can’t have everything,can we?) to…..the first aid kit in its pocket,which thing alone makes this tunic a one in a million IMO,even if I’ve found other two along the years,and one of them is still in my possession!
    Untouched and un-messed with M40s are not so thick on the ground but this one is kinda special to me.I cannot say whether it has seen action in Africa or not but it surely is a veteran of the Italian Campaign.
    The breast eagle has been machine stitched in its upper part,then flipped over and the rest has been neatly hand sewn.Every single part of the tunic,and that does include the small reinforcement patches,are stamped with the same number as if it was a WWI P-08!!!!!
    The tropical Y-straps with the green tab on the back are another Vet of the MTO but haven’t been found with the tunic....they're quite salty but the green web tab makes them rarer than the "common" straps with the leather piece and thus worthy of this baby!
    It’s all by now……time to consign the tunic to his mannequin back in my anti-burglar “bunker” and look for something else to share with you in the next days.
    Cheers
    Manny
    P.S.;The 1911 in one of the pictures isnt’ WH-issue…it’s my Les Baer CCW …heavy,cumbersome yet…..darn comfortable
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic   Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic  

Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic   Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic
    P
    Many

piw
    ?

Default Re: Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic

Stunning tunic - best ive seen for a long time. Nothing fancy just right.

very nice

Quote by michael77 View Post
    very nice
    Thanks Michael!
    Manny

Quote by piw View Post
    Stunning tunic - best ive seen for a long time. Nothing fancy just right.
    Thanks Piw!I've taken the liberty to take a look at your albums and I particularly love that OR M43.Have you posted here?May I see other pictures of it!You've guessed that......I LOVE M43s!
    Cheers
    Manny

Good looking tunic, glad to see it.

Thanks,

Jerry

Its a shame the pics have gone, IMO.

Jerry

Quote by vonbond View Post
    Its a shame the pics have gone, IMO.

Jerry
    Yes they have Jerry!I've erroneously deleted them...but if you'll stay tuned they'll reappear soon!
    Cheers
    Manny

Its such a good example, that knowing the pics will always be there is a good thing. Maybe you could use the site image hoster and then they will always be available for people to view and compare against others.

Thanks Manny for the prompt reply.

Jerry

Quote by vonbond View Post
    Its such a good example, that knowing the pics will always be there is a good thing. Maybe you could use the site image hoster and then they will always be available for people to view and compare against others.

Thanks Manny for the prompt reply.

Jerry
    My fault Jerry...I wanted to delete an album to make room for other pictures and as Murphy's law would have it "The album you''re about to delete will be the one containing the pictures a buddy needs "! LOL
    Here you go mate:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast