Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic

Article about: Thanks Manny, I did take this into consideration before posting my question. Hi Tim! Great to see you here. We will all benefit from your knowledge and balanced views. Mark

?

Default Re: Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic

Hi Manny,
    Looks like a nice late production (1942? I cannot read the depot date stamp) 1st pattern. Does a soldbuch fit into the breast pockets? The webbed Y's are a neat transitional set probably dating from early 1941.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Mark.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic
    P
    Many

Quote by NZMark View Post
    Hi Manny,
    Looks like a nice late production (1942? I cannot read the depot date stamp) 1st pattern. Does a soldbuch fit into the breast pockets? The webbed Y's are a neat transitional set probably dating from early 1941.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Mark.
    Hi mark,
    glad to see you around and thanks for chiming in!Thetunic's made of a green fabric typical of the earlier tunics but it looks more "chocolate" due to my photographic skills,or lack thereof!
    It's dated 1941 but the stamp's very faint!
    Cheers
    Manny

?

Cheers Manny!
    The colour of tropical tunics is about as varied as the makers employed to manufacture them, but yours is certainly a middle of the road' olive shade - lovely stuff. I mistook the breast pockets for being the larger late production type, and that led me to the 1942 date. If you have a soldbuch to place beside a breast pocket as a comparison that would be of interest, I'm sure (when time permits!)
    Many Thanks,
    Mark.

I don't think I have any Soldbucher handy at the moment for all the document are in another house in Southern France but if you give me a few hours I'll have a better look!
    Cheers
    Manny

?

Hi Manny,
    No panic - I'm just exceptionally focussed on details such as this on tropical tunics, especially when a maker is clearly labelled.
    When you get time, something as simple as these will be enough...
    Cheers,
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic   Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic  

Hi Manny,
    No panic - I'm just exceptionally focussed on details such as this on tropical tunics, especially when a maker is clearly labelled.
    When you get time, something as simple as these will be enough...
    Cheers,
    Mark
    I'll do that Mark...and I'll even try to make out the maker as well!
    Cheers
    Manny

?

Thanks Manny,
    Bernhard Hurtel, by the looks of it. The numbers on the pocket flaps are to mate composite parts sourced elsewhere, so part of the LAGO system, or possibly constructed apart from the main factory...
    Wonderful Tunic! (Have I said that? Worth stating again.)
    Mark.

Hi Manny

Long time no talk. Good to see You here on this Forum. (New for me) Your Outstanding tunic sure looks like a late '41 example with the larger upper pockets. Also the shoulderstrap looks like the later style with the gray backing. Agree most likely used in Italy. Real pleasure to see this one and to know your still around....

with special regards
    Tim

Thanks Manny,
    Bernhard Hurtel, by the looks of it. The numbers on the pocket flaps are to mate composite parts sourced elsewhere, so part of the LAGO system, or possibly constructed apart from the main factory...
    Wonderful Tunic! (Have I said that? Worth stating again.)
    Mark.
    Hi Mark,
    EVERY PART of the tunic,including the main components,namely sleeves,back/front panels aso down to the smallest reenforcing patch are stamped with the same number,but that can often be found on other items items such as trousers and greatcoats other than tunics,and I've got many examples of that in my collection.
    I've found a box with several documents including several Soldbucher...gonna take the pictures before dusk!
    Cheerrs
    Manny

Quote by Tim OKeefe View Post
    Hi Manny

Long time no talk. Good to see You here on this Forum. (New for me) Your Outstanding tunic sure looks like a late '41 example with the larger upper pockets. Also the shoulderstrap looks like the later style with the gray backing. Agree most likely used in Italy. Real pleasure to see this one and to know your still around....

with special regards
    Tim
    Hi Tim,
    glad to hear from you mate,and glad you've enjoyed this tunic as much as I do!
    Cheers
    Manny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast