Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic

Article about: Thanks Manny, I did take this into consideration before posting my question. Hi Tim! Great to see you here. We will all benefit from your knowledge and balanced views. Mark

?

Default Re: Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic

Thanks Manny,
    I did take this into consideration before posting my question.
    Hi Tim! Great to see you here. We will all benefit from your knowledge and balanced views.
    Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic
    P
    Many

Quote by NZMark View Post
    Thanks Manny,
    I did take this into consideration before posting my question.
    Hi Tim! Great to see you here. We will all benefit from your knowledge and balanced views.
    Mark
    Hi Mark

Its a real priviledge to be here. And a real pleasure to see you and Manny on the same thread. Thanks Guys !

And Manny, i too look forwards to learning if the upper pocket will hold a soldbuch or not ?

Hi Manny

Did You ever find out if a soldbuch would fit into the upper pocket or not, of this fine tunic ? That would help to pin down when it was first made...

cheers

Tim,
    I haven't found just one SB but al least 130,i.e. my entire collection...I can take measurements,compare this tunic's pockets to other tunics made in 1941(tropical and continental alike) and do the "Soldbuch test" too, but I still don't understand for the life of me how important or relevant that could be!I don't want to sound desrespectful by any means towards you and the other friends,mind you,but in my HUMBLE opinion this sort of test is of little value but,I repeat,that's only my point of view.
    The upper pocket's width measures at 5.30",which is 0.30" MORE than 1943-dated third model I have here and it's identical to the width of the upper pockets of a 1939-dated M35,a 1940-dated M35,a 1940-dated M40,and a 1941-dated M40.
    The tunic is depot-stamped F41 and it's been made by Gerhardt Artel,and as we can ascertain by looking inside any originl WW1 P08 (whose inner frame was painstakingly left in the white and devoid of the beautiful blueing of the outer surface)the Germans were real masters in the art of loosing time,to the point of stamping each and every part a tunic or a pair of trousers consists of with the same number in order to achieve a state-of-the-art tailoring...just in case the soldier could find Giorgio Armani or Valentino Garavani sheltering in the same trench.And that littl has to do withe LAGO system.We all know that a tunic which is depot stamped say,1940,could have been made anytime between 19XX and 1940 and surely enough not after that date!
    I have to make do with a Blackberry at the moment but I'll see post the pictures you've asked for as soon as I possibly can!
    Cheers
    Manny

Hey Manny

I will explain this to you and others reading this thread. The early first pattern tropical tunics could not hold a soldbuch in the upper pocket with the button closed. In late '41 this was corrected so that they could. That is why some members and i wanted to know if your tunic's upper pocket can contain a soldbuch or not ?

Have attached a couple of photos, the first is a later model dated '42 with the larger upper pockets that can hold a soldbuch, the other tunic's date is faded out but clearly is an early one based on the smaller upper pocket size.

cheers
    Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic   Heer 1st Model Tropical/DAKTunic  

?

but I still don't understand for the life of me how important or relevant that could be!I don't want to sound desrespectful by any means towards you and the other friends,mind you,but in my HUMBLE opinion this sort of test is of little value but,I repeat,that's only my point of view. Manny - the question of pocket size is very relevant in advancing our knowledge in regards to tropical tunics, and is in fact of great value. Those of us who have a specific interest in the area of tropical uniforms find such details important - that's why Tim, and myself, asked you about the pockets. I'm sorry we put you to so much trouble.
    Regards,
    Mark.
    Last edited by NZMark; 11-26-2010 at 03:19 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3