Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer Artillery Tunic for review

Article about: I ran across this in an antique store. There were things that I liked and things that scared me. I liked the insignia, but was not sure that the tunic was original. I would lean to the side

?

Decent daylight pics always help.

Remember thumb rule #1: If seller doesnt want to take daylight quality pics, then it means there is something fishy going on.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Artillery Tunic for review
    P
    Many

Not a fan of detachable straps on a jacket like that, and neither do the buttons really blend in. Check whether it has the slit for the dagger hanger, etc. Anyway, it is not a risk free one-looker.

Got these additional pictures. Seller seems to be trying to help. I like some of the stitching and some I'm not certain on. Underneath collar, breast eagle and buttons look as original sewn on insignia to my untrained eye. What do we think guys?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Artillery Tunic for review   Heer Artillery Tunic for review  

Heer Artillery Tunic for review   Heer Artillery Tunic for review  

Replaced eagle sewn through lining, sewn-in boards replaced with slip-ons, lining in very rough shape. It seems to be put together using a completely stripped jacket. If you are ready to pay more, much better ones are readily available. It depends on how original you want things to be. Up to you.

Agree with Nick. The more I see, the less I like it. Not getting a good feeling on it

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the time to help me on this one. I think that the seller just doesn't know - she has been very helpful and kind in getting me the pictures. I know what these sell for when they are all original and not messed with, but I haven't seen one that sold with this one's issues. What do you think something like this one actually trades for in collector communities? $250?

Use this as guide next time
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Artillery Tunic for review   Heer Artillery Tunic for review  

Heer Artillery Tunic for review  

This is very helpful. Thanks Nick.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    Use this as guide next time

Having seen the new pics, save your money for a better one that has not been restored.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2