Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Breast Eagle Variation?

Article about: I came across this in the classified section and wondered if anyone else has any similar variations, or any other variations of Heer insignia. I just started learning about these Items any c

Default Heer Breast Eagle Variation?

I came across this in the classified section and wondered if anyone else has any similar variations, or any other variations of Heer insignia. I just started learning about these Items any comments?

-I couldnt get the pictures to upload so here is the link-
    Heer green cloth backed breast eagle - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    -Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Breast Eagle Variation?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Breast Eagle Variation?

Ugly bird and poorly made IMO. Either early or a fake, but if early I would expect it to be of better quality, though machine embroidered is not my thing.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Sure is different,I wouldn`t buy it for myself.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I do not think I would buy it, I am just trying to learn what variations are authentic and which ones are fakes. I originally thought this could be a fake but I was told that it is most likely good, I would like to avoid conflict and instead learn. Does anyone have advice on authenticating cloth insignia like the stitching or material? Anyone else have any odd birds? lol

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    I do not think I would buy it, I am just trying to learn what variations are authentic and which ones are fakes. I originally thought this could be a fake but I was told that it is most likely good, I would like to avoid conflict and instead learn. Does anyone have advice on authenticating cloth insignia like the stitching or material? Anyone else have any odd birds? lol
    This thread might be helpful, https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...onology-37304/ and you could also look at my cloth insignia collection thread, the bottom one posted below in my signature.

Thanks for the likes on my Tropical helmet collection thread.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I dont think the eagle is a genuine piece, its a very basic type of sewing, look at the rear where someone has stitched in guide lines in order to get a reasonably straight edge and dimensions, i couldnt see any WH soldier wearing something like this, theres just no quality or asthetic appeal whatsoever

It looks like a baby chicken with massive wings. Himmler was a chicken farmer, maybe it's his!