Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Breast Eagles...

Article about: Johnny has started a thread on the WAF about this variation. He is going to post a pic of the reverse later. Regards, Jerry

Default Re: Heer Breast Eagles...

I have to agree with Jerry. Look at the difference between the two (circled area) and why is there no stitching across the top of the eagle? Stitching also does not look correct btw.
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Breast Eagles... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Breast Eagles...
    P
    Many

Quote by StuG III View Post
    I have to agree with Jerry. Look at the difference between the two (circled area) and why is there no stitching across the top of the eagle? Stitching also does not look correct btw.
    Tom
    Exactly the problem, as shown by Tom in the circled area.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Sorry to say, but I agree on the cut off adler to be post war. The other ones are very nice though! I especially like the Panzer adler.
    ~Dean

Thanks for the comments about the cut off adler - I'll have to bow to your better judgement as I don't really know much about them.

In it's defence however I have a couple of things to add which may, or indeed may not make any difference...?

It doesn't glow at all in a black light - I know this means bugger all as such but it is better than it glowing like a nuclear reactor!
    I presume this is an old style of fake as this bird has been around since at least the 60s I believe, possibly longer?

To answer some of the specific points made above...

It is stitched across the top, it's more like a chin link type of stitch as opposed to the zig zag stitch elsewhere - I'll try and get a better pic sometime for what it's worth. A bit like this SS one shown here...look at the pic of its reverse showing the stitch.

The bit circled regarding the adlers wing feathers - yes I can see what you are getting at and yes it is unusual and different to the normal style that you would expect to see. I've had a bit of a search and struggled to find anything similar so figured that yes it must be as stated an (early) style of fake and then when having a last look on WAF I spotted this adler here, the top one in post No35... either this must be a fake (nobody has outed it yet on the thread that I noticed?) or it must give mine a chance, maybe some variation? John VD Heijden seems a pretty well advanced BEVO adler collector so I'd presume he wouldn't have it in the thread if it was dodgy?

Anyhow, for now I'll consider mine a fake as you are more expert collectors and know such things, I just picked the odd eagle up in the past, never really collected them so didn't really give them much thought. Once again many thanks for all the comments, good or bad!

I had no problem with the flipped over and then stitched application, though it is something you see most commonly on Tropical Heer tunics. Johnny is a very advanced Bevo collector and if he has one I would normally agree that it would be correct. I'll email him and ask him about it.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    I had no problem with the flipped over and then stitched application, though it is something you see most commonly on Tropical Heer tunics. Johnny is a very advanced Bevo collector and if he has one I would normally agree that it would be correct. I'll email him and ask him about it.

Regards,

Jerry
    Ta, that would be great, clear it up one way or t'other.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

This is Johnny's reply.

Regards,

Jerry

Hello Jerry
    well afterd a read the PM on the waf I knew you we,re talking about this eagle
    I really don,t know why this has happend on this eagle ( construction failure after calibrating the machines )
    Altough the fact is this is a real wartime piece

Maybe we can discuss this in a couple of days on the WAF

Greetings Johnny
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    Hi Mike,

This is Johnny's reply.

Regards,

Jerry

Hello Jerry
    well afterd a read the PM on the waf I knew you we,re talking about this eagle
    I really don,t know why this has happend on this eagle ( construction failure after calibrating the machines )
    Altough the fact is this is a real wartime piece

Maybe we can discuss this in a couple of days on the WAF

Greetings Johnny
    Hi Jerry, many thanks for that!

I wonder if my eagle and his came from the same batch, maybe if like he says the machine wasn't set up right for some reason and they fired out a few duff ones before the machine was sorted? After it was mentioned that it was possibly a fake I searched all over the web to find a similar one but couldn't find one and had kind of accepted that it must be fake, I was sure it wasn't but I couldn't really prove it and after what had been said regarding its construction (wasn't bothered too much about the stitching to be honest) and not finding another like it I was about to give it up as a bad 'un when by pure luck really I saw the thread on WAF about John VD Heijden's bevo eagle collection and had a look thru' and spotted the same type, even then I still had a small doubt as that was the only one I could find and I sure there should be more, though if it was just a faulty batch then maybe there isn't to many out there?

Once again though, many thanks for contacting Johnny regarding this Jerry much appreciated!

Cheers

Mike

Quote by Time Bandit View Post
    Hi Jerry, many thanks for that!

I wonder if my eagle and his came from the same batch, maybe if like he says the machine wasn't set up right for some reason and they fired out a few duff ones before the machine was sorted? After it was mentioned that it was possibly a fake I searched all over the web to find a similar one but couldn't find one and had kind of accepted that it must be fake, I was sure it wasn't but I couldn't really prove it and after what had been said regarding its construction (wasn't bothered too much about the stitching to be honest) and not finding another like it I was about to give it up as a bad 'un when by pure luck really I saw the thread on WAF about John VD Heijden's bevo eagle collection and had a look thru' and spotted the same type, even then I still had a small doubt as that was the only one I could find and I sure there should be more, though if it was just a faulty batch then maybe there isn't to many out there?

Once again though, many thanks for contacting Johnny regarding this Jerry much appreciated!

Cheers

Mike
    Johnny and I share emails with a few others about bevo insignia and Johnny is the 'man' for these, so if he is happy, then it must be an unusual manufacturing variant. I'll let you know when it is discussed on the WAF, where I will post your example, if that is ok?

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    Johnny and I share emails with a few others about bevo insignia and Johnny is the 'man' for these, so if he is happy, then it must be an unusual manufacturing variant. I'll let you know when it is discussed on the WAF, where I will post your example, if that is ok?

Regards,

Jerry
    Yeah, feel free to do so.

Cheers

Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast