Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Heer Breast Eagles...

Article about: Johnny has started a thread on the WAF about this variation. He is going to post a pic of the reverse later. Regards, Jerry

Default Re: Heer Breast Eagles...

Johnny has started a thread on the WAF about this variation. He is going to post a pic of the reverse later.

Regards,

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Breast Eagles...  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Breast Eagles...
    P
    Many

Excellent, I'll have to go and have a look!

Hi Mike, as you will know, Johnny and Fred have posted positive opinions on your unusual variation and after seeing the reverse there is no doubt in my mind that it is a good but rare variation.

Regards,

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Breast Eagles...  
    Last edited by Jerry B; 10-12-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hello Jerry, yes I saw that and I'm well chuffed how it's turned out! I'm pleased I posted it on here and whilst it was a bit of a blow when it initially had some doubt cast on it (though to be honest I can see why it did) it all worked out okay in the end. Many thanks for getting involved and getting in touch with Johnny etc and posting the pic on WAF.
    I guess I should really print a copy of that thread off and keep it handy somewhere as unless a few more turn up over the years and it becomes more accepted then it may well always be controversial if people who haven't seen this and the WAF thread see the adler first impressions are most likely going to be a bit negative?
    Regards
    Mike

Well Mike, I apologize for the incorrect assumption on my behalf, but as you can see it does not conform to accepted samples.
    Happy to hear it is good after all, a really rare variant, it would seem, as yours is now only one of two ever seen.
    Jerry, we learn something new every day, same as those French manufactured eagles.
    Tom

I am Always happy to learn something new and correct any mistakes on my part and it is good that Mike's eagle has been shown to be something unusual which most people would dismiss as wrong until this new info was uncovered. I have to admire Mike and the manner in which he reacted to the negative opinions and I take my hat off to him. It is good to see that he was willing to do the leg work and found the evidence to contradict the nay sayers (myself included) and that is better than merely asking opinions and accepting the wisdom of others, as any and all of us will get things wrong, though hopefully not too often.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Well Mike, I apologize for the incorrect assumption on my behalf, but as you can see it does not conform to accepted samples.
    Happy to hear it is good after all, a really rare variant, it would seem, as yours is now only one of two ever seen.
    Jerry, we learn something new every day, same as those French manufactured eagles.
    Tom
    Not problem at all and no need to apologize either, both you and Jerry were going by what was known at the time and my eagle just didn't conform to that and if it wasn't for the fact that I knew where it had come from and I was sure it was real I probably would of had to hold my hands up and accept it! What a job finding another though to try and prove it, I really had all but given up and what a relief when I finally found the other one!! Funny thing is, I could easily of given it up as it's not like financially I ever had any money in it (price of a couple of pints) and could of just chucked it without losing anything but the thing was I liked it, it was and is a nice piece, especially with it being a cut off eagle with the bit of uniform as opposed to some of the mint uncut ones I have, it gives it some character and for that reason more than any I'm so pleased it's real and is stopping with its other adler mates in my collection!

Mike, I for one am happy and thankful that you went the extra mile with your search. We may never have found out that it was indeed a good 'un.
    Tom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3