Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Flatwire Trapazoid

Article about: Greetings All, I have posted this on another forum to get as much response as possible. My friend picked this flatwire trapazoid up this week and asked me what I think about it. The first ti

Fred Green
    ?

Default Heer Flatwire Trapazoid

Greetings All,

I have posted this on another forum to get as much response as possible. My friend picked this flatwire trapazoid up this week and asked me what I think about it. The first time I have seen this pattern of trapazoid was last year when I purchased "Deutsche Heeresuniformen und Ausrustung" by Cardona and Sanchez.

Any other opinions are appreciated. Thank You.

Fred Green
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Flatwire Trapazoid   Heer Flatwire Trapazoid  

2. # ADS

Fred Green
    ?

Default Re: Heer Flatwire Trapazoid

Greetings All,

Here is another example picked up this week by another friend. The only difference I see are the blue fibers and base material on the first eagle.

Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Flatwire Trapazoid  Heer Flatwire Trapazoid 

?

I think both must be good
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Fred Green
    ?

Greetings Dimas,

Thank you for youe quick posting! Are there any more opinions out there? Any more collectors have these in their possesion?

Fred

Hello Fred,
    IMO they're repro.
    I do own an example of the second one, bought as reference from the HSC shop in Paris (Hundreds of them were waiting for the customer in a box and at the counter).

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Fred Green
    ?

Greetings JPhilip,

Can you post your example here? I would love to see it. A shot of the front and back if you could. Thank you.

Fred

Fred Green
    ?

Greetings PHIL BROWN,

How do you know these come from Pakistan? Is there a website out there that these specific eagles are posted on. I have a great interest in these because the construction of them is so good especially on the rear.
    JPhilip believes they are fake because he saw them at HSC. I would like some proof to where they came from.

Thanks for the quick reponse.

Fred

Fred Green
    ?

Greetings Phil,

I am looking for that specific eagle.The first time I saw this pattern of eagle was in the Cardona/Sanchez book.From what I see on the title page it was copyrighted in 2002.So right now this eagle is 6 going on 7 years old so far as we know.

Is this a pattern I have never seen up till last year? Could be! The scary thing if this eagle is a reproduction is that the construction/weaving is like an original pre-1945 made piece of insignia. You can always change a pattern but to get the construction down to the same is a major feat!

Fred

Hello Fred,
    Here's a picture of the trapazoid bought in the HSC shop in 2003.
    To me, the fact it was bought there doesn't necessarily mean that it is a reproduction. I bought some nice and genuine items from HSC. They know what they sell and the most important to who they sell.
    I do believe it is a repro because of the front. I don't like the eagle chest which is made of diamond-shaped lines, instead of VVVVV lines like on all original BeVo i've seen before.
    Seeing them in pile in two boxes in the shop instead of being in a roll doesn't help to consider them as genuine as well...
    As you know i'm not an insignia guru so i could be wrong of course but i don't like them...the insignia shown here was sewn to a repro M43 cap for a trip to Normandy for the 60th anniversary in 2004. It was bought in november 2003.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Flatwire Trapazoid  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Fred Green
    ?

Greetings JPhilip,

I believe that this is not the same eagle. You are right that it is a reproduction and a pretty good one at that.

If you look closely at the back of the eagles head and his chest you can see they are different.

Thank you very much,I ahve never seen this type of eagle either.

Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast