Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer Flatwire Trapazoid

Article about: Greetings All, I have posted this on another forum to get as much response as possible. My friend picked this flatwire trapazoid up this week and asked me what I think about it. The first ti

Default Re: Heer Flatwire Trapazoid

Here is an example from my collection for comparison. It is, as you can clearly see, still sewn onto the wool having been removed from an M43 cap. For the record, I like the first example you posted, but not the second.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Flatwire Trapazoid
    P
    Many

Here is what has been assessed to be a "reproduction" Panzer Officer's trapezoid. It is sewn on what turned out to be a "reproduction" Panzer Officer's M43. Notice the subtle differences? As near as I and other collectors I have spoken with think these were never manufactured during World War II.

Fred Green
    ?

Greetings Bill,

I really like the first eagle that you posted. It is a standard pattern looking one to me. The second one looks alot like the eagles I posted. Was this one done on Black? I would love to see the back of it. What forum did the panzer eagle get posted on?
    Thanks for posting your eagles. Every little bit helps.

Fred

Yes, Fred, the second one I posted is a black flatwire panzer trapezoid currently attached to what turned out to be a reproduction Panzer Officer's M43 cap. Here is the entire cap.

Fred Green
    ?

Greetings All,

On another forum a member directed me to p58 of "[U]Uniforms and Traditions of the Wehrmacht[U]by Angolia. Top of the page is a dark photo that could be this eagle. The swastika is a little malformed like the ones posted here. Maybe this is it!

Fred

Hello Fred,
    My bad, i guess i was wrong and confused two different types.
    I've just had a look in the Angolia/Schlicht's book, and apparently the one at the top of page 58 looks like the same, through the pic in the book is not very good.
    Fred, what do you think of the type posted below...does it look the same ?
    I took this pic from Eric Lefèvre 's book (the Wehrmacht), published in 1979.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Flatwire Trapazoid  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Fred Green
    ?

Greetings JPhilip,

The picture in Angolias book is not very clear but I do think it is the same eagle. The eagle you posted looks to be an enlisted version of the eagle we have been discussing.On another forum Glenn McGinnis posted a very nice picture of a soldier with what appears to be the same eagle you just posted! Nice!!

Fred

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2