Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Foreign Volunteer Tunic, what do you guys think!

Article about: Hello guys, Thank you for your replies. I personally like it and I will make a purchase and as Ade said I will take a 'leap of faith'. I think that it looks just as good as any German made e

Default Heer Foreign Volunteer Tunic, what do you guys think!

Good evening guys,

I have been browsing a number of militaria dealers site and I have come across this tunic.

It is described as an original Dutch tunic that was modified for the German army.

I personally think it looks great with the volunteer shield but I see no harm in having a second opinion.

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Foreign Volunteer Tunic, what do you guys think!   Heer Foreign Volunteer Tunic, what do you guys think!  

Heer Foreign Volunteer Tunic, what do you guys think!   Heer Foreign Volunteer Tunic, what do you guys think!  

Heer Foreign Volunteer Tunic, what do you guys think!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Foreign Volunteer Tunic, what do you guys think!  Heer Foreign Volunteer Tunic, what do you guys think!  Heer Foreign Volunteer Tunic, what do you guys think! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Foreign Volunteer Tunic, what do you guys think!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Foreign Volunteer Tunic, what do you guys think!

Hello,
    It is indeed a dutch tunic modified for the german army.
    As some period photos of Osttruppen show them wearing this tunic while in training, it seems that every dutch modified tunic has to bear an eastern people arm insignia...especially the examples coming from dealers...it looks like they sell better and for higher prices.....just wondering if this insignia has been sewn in 1943 or 2009...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

It is Dutch all right, with the CM 39 stamp.

It means it was accepted by the Central Warehouse (Centraal Magazijn) of the Dutch army in 1939.

The new owners, after may 1940, fitted a new collar, new lower pockets, as well as new buttons and shoulder pieces.

It looks original in as far as the Germans adapted a captured Dutch uniform. Hate to see a Dutch uniform being misused like this, but still.

Cheers,
    Emile

Good evening gents, thank you for your replies.

The dealer has stated in the description that the breast eagle is factory applied with a hand sewn arm shield; does this coincide with period applied insignia of this kind?

It is for sale at £400 inc. postage... By the way 'JPhilip' (apologises for not knowing your name) I enjoyed looking through your thread on foreign volunteer insignia, great period pictures!

Thank you, Glen.

Hi Glen, this type of item requires a "leap of faith".

Nothing on it is fake and the way it is put together is correct. Like JP says, the real trouble is knowing WHEN it was done. On an item like this I would only buy it as "real untouched" if I knew where it had been for many years.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Glen, this type of item requires a "leap of faith".

Nothing on it is fake and the way it is put together is correct. Like JP says, the real trouble is knowing WHEN it was done. On an item like this I would only buy it as "real untouched" if I knew where it had been for many years.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hey Ade,

Thank you for your post. I totally understand what you are saying.

I will put this to the seller to see if he has any provenance.

Thank you, Glen.

?

400 pounds is a great price for this tunic Glen. Even if it would happen to be "modified" after 45. Maybe you can check the shield when you have the tunic in your hands to see if the cloth is different along the edges.

If the shield has been there for a long time then there is a shadow and alittle different cloth there. Just be very careful when inspecting.

I've been staring at that sleeve-shield for the past 20 minutes or so, and there is just something about the way the top is sewn unto the uniform that makes me nervous.
    The uniform and insignia is good, but as the others already have said a number of times, I could all have been put together post '45.

But a nice tunic, with a sad story.

Hi Glenn, Cant really put any light as to when the shield was attached if you can look underneath it and see if the colour on the sleeve is darker than that surrounding the shield ( shield shaped shadow) that should indicate that the shield has been there some time. however for £400 I would consider purchasing it.

Good luck

Robin

I like it, original was the first word coming to mind after looking carefully at the photos.
    I would pay 400 pound any time.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast