Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Infantery Uffz M36 Combat Tunic

Article about: The addition of M36-style insignia (with dark-green backing) was frequently done when soldiers were creating 'walking out' tunics. These were their 'Sunday best' uniforms, meant for wearing

Default Heer Infantery Uffz M36 Combat Tunic

Heej forum folks!

I've been thinking about buying my 1ste wehrmacht uniform.
    Now i would like to get you're advice about this m36 combat tunic.
    I got my 'Feldbluse' book next to it but i really have no cleu if its a fake or genuine one. Could you give me any advice?
    Cause it just looks so good while it should be a combat worn tunic

Heer Infantery Uffz M36 Combat TunicHeer Infantery Uffz M36 Combat TunicHeer Infantery Uffz M36 Combat TunicHeer Infantery Uffz M36 Combat TunicHeer Infantery Uffz M36 Combat TunicHeer Infantery Uffz M36 Combat TunicHeer Infantery Uffz M36 Combat Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Infantery Uffz M36 Combat Tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Infantery Uffz M36 Combat Tunic

First impressions for me are good. I am not really into Heer tunics but I like this one as it seems to have just the right amount of wear without being a rag.
    Also, I prefer Nco to officer tunics and if you added a belt and some other "extras" like an IAB and a wound badge, it would look great.

Here my take,
    I think it m36, taliored altered, it been shorten. Look at page 113 of the feldbluse book. (sign look at the front hook eyelets, notice there is only 1 hole for each one)
    The pockets look little odd for a M36, but i dont see a problem

Any markings?

No idea on the orange strap on the shoulder board.

Im liking it though.... Wait for another opinion

I think you have it the wrong way round, I think the pockets are odd because it is a modified M43 tunic - 6 button front- with pleated pockets and a green collar added.
    Also, I believe the coloured band was added to differentiate between one company and another, but I can't quite remember?

I would disagree on the M43. The pockets are not scalloped on the m43. I assume that you are saying a M42, which I would base on the top pocket style.

Bottom line as you said it tailored modified.

I forgot to count the buttons

Hi Franz and Bochman thanks for the feedback so far.
    Attachment 353872
    Here's somme more background information:
    Tunic has dull aluminium tresse machinesewn to collar. Bevo Infantry white piped litzen sewn to green underlays which also have been machinesewn to collar. Darkgreen top slip on shoulderstraps which are piped in white rayon having similar dull silver aluminium tresse to them but open at the bottom, each strap have a 8 cypher for the 8 Infantry Rgt, they also have a red wide rayin strap at the bottom showing company designation. The soldier was a Uffz in Infantry Rgt 8 which where stationed at Stalingrad.

Robin,

The attachment does not work, but nomatter, I suppose the question you have to ask is "is the insignia original to the tunic and if it is not, would I still be happy with it"
    It looks okay to me but there is only so much that you can tell from the pictures provided and I note that you have not mentioned the cost in your original post.

Hello Gentlemen,
    This Felbluse looks original but the size may be rather small.
    If you follow "pattern" designations given in the book Feldbluse, this example is neither a M36 nor a M42 or M43.....it has pleated pockets, scalloped flaps and six closure buttons, so that's a M41 which had its Feldgrau collar replaced for a prewar dark green one.
    It may have been retailored. It is not easy to say if insignia is period applied or not (a bit sceptical about ribbons). Shoulderstraps are privately purchased...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Super thanks for all this wonderfull feedback.

Jphilp still learning, this forum would be lost with out you

thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast