Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer M36 Kavallerie Spiess tunic for review (St.40 Stettin Depot marked)

Article about: Hi, wondering if anyone can give any advice on this feldbluse? It's made of (captured?) Dutch wool by a German Stettin based maker and has a "St.40" Stettin Depot acceptance stamp.

?

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    Do any of your der Spieß jackets have any supports added to hold the Meldetasche?
    Hi Nick, they don't, but the photograph you show is an excellent one, it appears (to me) to show the waist belt supporting the book inside the tunic (fliegerbluse). I suspect this might be the best method?

I suppose it might be possible for a tailor to add something inside a tunic, but would it snag on the book, something that would presumably be taken in and out numerous times throughout a working day?

Best regards, Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M36 Kavallerie Spiess tunic for review (St.40 Stettin Depot marked)
    P
    Many

?

Almost forgot, picked up a 1972 dated Veteran's history of the 14th Kavallerie Regiment ("Erinnerungen an das Reiter-Regiment 14") from German E-Bay, will make my way through it with my limited German...

It mentions the bulk of the Regiment being dissolved in August 1939 in order to provide Aufklarungs troops for the 19th Panzer Division, and the 31st, 56th and 71st Infanterie Divisions, and the remaining Staff becoming a Training and Replacement Unit until December 1944.

Regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M36 Kavallerie Spiess tunic for review (St.40 Stettin Depot marked)   Heer M36 Kavallerie Spiess tunic for review (St.40 Stettin Depot marked)  

Heer M36 Kavallerie Spiess tunic for review (St.40 Stettin Depot marked)   Heer M36 Kavallerie Spiess tunic for review (St.40 Stettin Depot marked)  

Heer M36 Kavallerie Spiess tunic for review (St.40 Stettin Depot marked)   Heer M36 Kavallerie Spiess tunic for review (St.40 Stettin Depot marked)  

?

An update on this Spiess tunic. The original description "there is a button for anchoring a marksmanship lanyard under the right shoulder strap" has haunted me for some time!

Finally picked up a 1st Pattern Marksman's Lanyard from Lakeside Trader (adding his pictures with his permission, and some of my own) in very good, (possibly unissued) condition. It seems these were instituted 29-06-36 and used until 17-10-38 when superseded by the 2nd pattern, but I would assume the 1st Pattern would be worn later on if already awarded. I prefer this design and hope it suits the tunic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M36 Kavallerie Spiess tunic for review (St.40 Stettin Depot marked)   Heer M36 Kavallerie Spiess tunic for review (St.40 Stettin Depot marked)  

?

Some pictures on the tunic, the lower end is attached to the 2nd button down as according to regulations I believe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2