Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer M36 Panzer Tunic

Article about: Hey guys, I just reserved this tunic from Karl Kithier's site, svmilitaria.com! It's going to be my first tunic so I'm pretty excited. I heard that Karl is a nice guy to do business with. I'

?

Default Re: Heer M36 Panzer Tunic

Anyone any thoughts on the shoulderboard pips without tresse? I have seen wartime photos of WH French Volunteeers with similar.

Always wondered if this was a frontline antisniper measure?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M36 Panzer Tunic
    P
    Many

I think it is much more likely a collector messed with post war addition....

Cheers, Ade.

Hello,
    Ade is right, this Feldbluse was modified for an officer. The cut of the collar, the dagger opening and the sealing of eyelets meant for the hooks tell the all story.
    My advice would be to buy salty infantry officer insignia and reapply them nicely to the Feldbluse. As an official order from 1939 asks officers to wear the same uniform than EMs on the frontline in order to avoid being good targets, many young infantry officer also carried the same fieldgear, including gasmask, EM belt and pouches, breadbag..etc...I wouldn't be surprised to see an officer mannequin dressed and equiped this way, rather than the usual officer's belt, mapcase and pistol holster. Choose to depict a Leutnant or an Oberleutnant, and you can do want you want....i mean if you really want to depict a frontline officer...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm now interested in this tunic. Since this was an issued Feldbluse modified for an Officer, would it have been modified because this guy was promoted and didn't want to buy a new tunic, or was he just a young officer who didn't have the money to get a special tailored uniform and went the cheaper route and had the Feldbluse that was issued to him modified? Thoughts?
    Thank you,
    Eddie

?

I like the salty one IMO. Thee collar litzen looks poorly applied as well/
    ~Dean

?

Thanks Dean, I think everything was reapplied, and not done super well either. I'm hoping to buy it without any insignia and restore as Ade suggested earlier in this thread with a silverwire eagle and officer collar tabs. Salty pieces are the best, I agree!

?

After trying and trying to get a response about shipping charges for this Feldbluse, I luckily found another earlier piece for cheaper. It pays to respond to emails when you run a business!

?

I think it became a fashion thing for officers to wear em uniforms- often discretely modified and tailored to fit better( shorter etc.) Often the belt hook grommets were taken out as part of slimming-down a larger size jacket. The results These mods twould also make field grade officers much less of a sniper target.
    You even see Generals in modified EM tunics!

Didnt Mo get this tunic?
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Didnt Mo get this tunic?
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    I reserved it a long time ago, and then canceled it. Issues came up and I suddenly didn't have the money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2