Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer NCO's summer weight feldbluse

Article about: Hi Guys, this is a favourite item from my collection. The German Army allowed Officers and NCO's a certain amount of latitude when it came to uniforms. Contary to popular beleif the Heer was

Default Heer NCO's summer weight feldbluse

Hi Guys, this is a favourite item from my collection.

The German Army allowed Officers and NCO's a certain amount of latitude when it came to uniforms. Contary to popular beleif the Heer was not the rigid regulation bound "by the book" organisation that people think. I often look at period photos and think that the British Army would never have allowed that!

Here we have a tailor made uniform for a senoir NCO. The most interesting aspect is that the material used for the bluse is furnished from a captured Soviet Red Army rain cape, the "Plash-Palatka". This was a popular source of lightweight cotton water repellent cloth.

The bluse has "French Cuffs" usually reserved for Officers, but again a senior NCO could get away with it. Note the cut to the back of the jacket, this follows the early 1930's Reichwehr style. The collar litzen are white waffenfarbe for a Infantryman. Note the pre war pattern "Feldbluse" style shoulder straps. These once displayed numerials but these have been removed in order to comply with the regulations.

The size of this bluse is tiny. A friend's son aged 12 tried it on and it was made to measure for him.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer NCO's summer weight feldbluse   Heer NCO's summer weight feldbluse  

Heer NCO's summer weight feldbluse   Heer NCO's summer weight feldbluse  

Attached Images Attached Images Heer NCO's summer weight feldbluse 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer NCO's summer weight feldbluse
    P
    Many

SS Ring Man
    ?

Default Re: Heer NCO's summer weight feldbluse

Vary nice one,and white summer dress???

Hi Darrell, this was actually made for field wear, unlike the white pre war summer dress uniform worn for walking out etc.

Cheers, Ade.

SS Ring Man
    ?

Yes I know,just some how like thoes white ones

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Heer NCO's summer weight feldbluse

Beautiful M36 tunic Ade, friend of mine, the same as the camo stuff, has a complete tunic (tunic and pants) for a officer made out of Russian shelter half/rain cape, very nice and interesting because it as a name tag and he even know the infantry regiment he was in.

A very nice and special piece Ade.

Just on the sunject of small size iv noticed alot of the German field dress iv seen is small, on my last trip to Estonia i had the chance to look at 7 or 8 tunics all of which were small, is this common?

Cheers, Raymond.

Hi Raymond, small sizes are very common. What we have to remember is the diet eaten by youngster growing up in the years before WW2 was poor compared to todays standards. As a result people were just not as big as they are today.

This was the same in any country. I also collect British and Soviet and the sizes are reflected in those uniforms too.

Cheers, Ade.

SS Ring Man
    ?

Ade I have as USA Navy EM'S pull over he was an air gunner and once a pal of mine's 9 year old put it on and it fit her.I do not think this guy cought have been over 4/11 if all of that and came in at 99lbs

Grutte Pier
    ?

Hello Ade, here a link to this friend of mine his website, unfortunately he doesn’t update it no more, he lives in Germany now. It’s a tunic (tunic and pants) made from Russian shelter half/rain cape from a Leutnant of the 384the Infantry division who fought at Stalingrad, to bad all text on the website are in Dutch. Leutnant 384 infanterie divisie

?

This is my lightweight Officers tunic...Southern Russia or Italy, maybe?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer NCO's summer weight feldbluse