Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer officers shoulder boards

Article about: Would like to know more about the shoulder boards pictuered here what ranks and any other info on them would be appreciated .

Thanks for the extra pic.

No worries there.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer officers shoulder boards
    P
    Many

The major board...no pips, is that a different color thread between the braid on the boards or just a shadow?

Cheers
    Larry

?

It's a different color thread. Black

?

Any recommendations for books on shoulder boards the one I have doesn't go into much detail and a lot of b&w photos

Quote by lamont View Post
    It's a different color thread. Black
    Thanks for that. I have to look something up and I am not sure where I saw it. The "sloppy" soutache is something I generally attribute to KM boards, and I did see once ....somewhere...... about early KM Beamte having colored thread in their boards......

The KM boards posted show what I mean by sloppy...

Cheers
    Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer officers shoulder boards  

Having problems finding the post, it had to do with the Marineverwaltungs, and as it is not a big area of interest I just browsed it.

The long and short of things is that black piping between the soutache is not consistent with Heer medical boards or any other branch of service for that matter.........

Cheers
    Larry

Let's have a decent close up pic of this board as it is difficult to make out any black thread.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Here's a better photo
    The back has a dark blue or purple felt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer officers shoulder boards   Heer officers shoulder boards  

Hello Lamont

What I have found out is it's a typical M1904 board for an Prussian Army Oberstabsarzt. The black cord says "Prussian" (or any of the minor States who used Prussian insignia) and the blue Velvet underlay and the aesculap staff says medical Corps.

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Larry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2