Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer officer's tunic

Article about: Hey all. this one is currently up on ebay and I was hoping to get some thoughts on it. It is being sold as original, with original shoulder boards added post war. Any opinions would be most

Default Heer officer's tunic

Hey all. this one is currently up on ebay and I was hoping to get some thoughts on it. It is being sold as original, with original shoulder boards added post war. Any opinions would be most appreciated. I don't know if I exactly trust all the sloppy looking stamping on the inside, but I'm not very well versed in tunics in general. Thanks.

Todd

Heer officer's tunicHeer officer's tunicHeer officer's tunicHeer officer's tunicHeer officer's tunicHeer officer's tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer officer's tunic
    P
    Many

It looks a bit sloppy, but you will need to post much better photos in order to make an informed judgement, however it appears to be a heavily altered piece. They are not even french cuffs, they are................well i don't know
    I don't think I have ever seen lining quite like that on the inside. The stamping may be from a film company, but anything is possible

I agree with John. Many things about it are odd, the lining, the breast eagle and the cuffs included. The pictures are inadequate. I don't like it.

The seam down the back is troubling and the cuffs with snaps are strange indeed. I'm leaning towards it being a heavily reworked Swedish WWII Bluse based on the rear seam. Perhaps a movie costume? NH

Thanks everyone. I'll be sure to steer clear.

no good for all them reasons and more.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I get weird feelings seeing this piece. I would not be happy to have this in my tiny pile of old clothes.

?

Todd,
    Is this one located in France? If so this seller has two screen names and has been selling this junk for awhile.
    Anzel

100 Original WWII German Army Officers' Field Tunic | eBay

From what the listing says, this one is apparently in Atlanta.