Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer Officers Waffenrock

Article about: can you please tell me if this is fake or not thank you ryan

Default Re: Heer Officers Waffenrock

i have asked for more pictures a while ago but no reply so far im kinda agreeing that i think its fake as the price is a bit low (only £265) but you never know i just wanted to post and see if you guys thought it stood a chance if i get any pictures ill post them

thanks for all your help
    ryan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officers Waffenrock
    P
    Many

cheers adrian,

i knew as soon as I wrote the line .......

Ryan...as Tom has said, this is a modern reproduction...the give away is not only its condition and therefore its new "material look", but for me its the rear skirt and scallops, the TR waffenrock can trace its origins back to the Imperial German Waffenrock...where both tunics rear skirts/button positioning were symetrical and pleasing to the eye ...it just looked right, this one does not, it has nothing to do with the panel lines around the shoulders....as you will see here, for a comparison I show the rear of a tunic presently for sale at £485 (and is 100% genuine), which is the average price for these jackets.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Officers Waffenrock  

Good job nailing this one down guys! I should point out though that this kind of condition isn't necessarily a killer. There are items in this kind of condition that do exist, although you will probably never see one in your life.

I never did like wafferocks. I don't really know why.

steve know thats a nice tunic Mo i agree with you i always prefered the actual work/fight tunics than parade ones don't know why thought

tom

Gents...I was interested in buying this tunic, it is in very good condition ! I love the TR Waffenrock, mainly for the appeal of the Imperial connection...but I opted for a rather salty M27 Reichsheer tunic from Ben...so I am now on the hunt for a M36 breast eagle, a pair of Gebirgsjäger officers shoulder boards and an "Edelweiss" arm badge......I really was not going to go back there ! Oh well !!!
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 11-02-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Steve,

As a reichswehr fan, are there any markings in the tunic for regt, maker etc ?

cheers

tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2