Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Panzer Uniform... What to do?

Article about: Hi guys. This piece walked in yesterday. It even came with the original capture papers. From the owner I was told that his uncle had cut the eagle off before letting the kids play with it ba

Default Heer Panzer Uniform... What to do?

Hi guys.

This piece walked in yesterday. It even came with the original capture papers. From the owner I was told that his uncle had cut the eagle off before letting the kids play with it back in the 60's...

Luckly he was fairly careful when removing it and only damaged the eagle and not the tunic....

So what do I do here? I can get a nice original matching eagle... I think I have one matter of fact... Does anyone have any advice for someone to put it back on? Or do I just leave it as is?

Heer Panzer Uniform... What to do?Heer Panzer Uniform... What to do?Heer Panzer Uniform... What to do?Heer Panzer Uniform... What to do?Heer Panzer Uniform... What to do?Heer Panzer Uniform... What to do?Heer Panzer Uniform... What to do?Heer Panzer Uniform... What to do?Heer Panzer Uniform... What to do?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Panzer Uniform... What to do?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Panzer Uniform... What to do?

Leave it "as is", all part of the history of the item.

Original is always better than restored.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That was my hesitation... Thanks for the thoughts!

?

It is always better to leave things in there original condition.

But then many would like to see the uniform as it was during the war , and this is surely no problem as the original eagle can be left in a pocket . Most Third Reich Tunics had eagles cut off and i bet over half of the ones out there have been restored back to original condition . If you want a post war or prisoner look then leave as is, otherwise why not stitch back . its easy ! Thats just my opinion of course .
    nice tunic by the way !

Just a matter of personal preference. I would put it back
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

I agree wholeheartedly with Rob. I see no reason why you shouldn't get a nice breast eagle and replace it on the tunic. It came with one. Just because somebody else removed it doesn't mean you shouldn't replace it. It is a super looking tunic and would look better in complete condition. IMO

Fred

?

Remember to use original thread, and leave the sewing to the women.

If you need half a metre of original dark feild grey thread i can send !