Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heer parade trousers

Article about: Hi, would these type of trousers be correct to display with a parade tunic? Here`s my tunic for comparison, why are the trousers usually more blueish than the tunics? Thanks Cheers. Nuno

Default Heer parade trousers

Hi, would these type of trousers be correct to display with a parade tunic?
    Here`s my tunic for comparison, why are the trousers usually more blueish than the tunics?
    Thanks
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer parade trousers   Heer parade trousers  

Heer parade trousers   Heer parade trousers  

Heer parade trousers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer parade trousers
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer parade trousers

These are the straight trousers, can anyone tell me if these are correct for use with the above tunic?
    Thanks
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Hi Nuno

Do they have any piping down the side ? parade trousers are normally blue/grey but are piped with the branch of service as well.

the ones I have owned have all had stirups at the end of the leg......so can't comment on these ones.

hope that helps a little.........

cheers

tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi Nuno

Do they have any piping down the side ? parade trousers are normally blue/grey but are piped with the branch of service as well.

the ones I have owned have all had stirups at the end of the leg......so can't comment on these ones.

hope that helps a little.........

cheers

tony
    Hi Tony
    Thanks for the help.
    These are completely straight, no piping.
    According to butschek these for parade.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Athough the piped trousers would be a better match for your tunic there is nothing wrong with the trousers that you have posted.

Piped trousers were worn with the walking out dress uniform or Ausgehenanzug.

These baggy trousers (sometimes excessively baggy) were quite fashionable at the time and there was also no requirement, prewar, for the trousers to match the tunic as the early issue trousers were stone gray in any event and the cut of these could vary based on the preference of the wearer.