Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Schützenschnur, Klasse 1 and display?

Article about: Picked up this fine chord the other day. I have always liked these marksmanship lanyards ever since getting into collecting Heer militaria. I would like to find a nice on with acorns someday

?

Default Heer Schützenschnur, Klasse 1 and display?

Picked up this fine chord the other day. I have always liked these marksmanship lanyards ever since getting into collecting Heer militaria. I would like to find a nice on with acorns someday!. I am of course extremely envious of rbminis's collection

Heer Schützenschnur, Klasse 1 and display?Heer Schützenschnur, Klasse 1 and display?

In the meantime what do you gents think of displaying it on something like this?

It is of course a reproduction Waffenrock, it will be quite some time before the Mrs. S allows me to spend that kind of coin in one place

**Note the Waffenrock comes plain with no insignia or medals present Those will be for me to add
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-26-2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Edited title to use proper German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Schützenschnur, Klasse 1 and display?
    P
    Many

Thank you!
    Nothing wrong with this example!
    It would appear that the backing disc has been replaced at one time and the cord is missing the backing material strip but, many examples are found this way, one or two of mine as well.
    I think that adding it to the Waffenrock would be a little too much with the other cords that are present.
    Great pick up!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you Ralph! I noticed that too. BTW the Waffenrock comes plain with no insignia or medals present, that's for me to add upon arrival

Quote by Slade View Post
    Thank you Ralph! I noticed that too. BTW the Waffenrock comes plain with no insignia or medals present, that's for me to add upon arrival
    In that case, I would say it would look just fine!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    In that case, I would say it would look just fine!
    Ralph.
    Now I just need to do some searching around for uniform regs. translated to English. Especially were the exact placement of the Heer Adler is concerned and the collar tabs as those are sewn on. While the frock will be reproduction all the medals and insignia will be period from my collection. Thanks again Ralph

You could always send member Wilhelm Saris, (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/warme...bernr24392wrf/) a PM, I am sure he would be happy to help. Fred Green who is currently an ex member would also have been a good candidate to help but alas, as I said, he is an ex member but still resides over on WAF by that name. There may be others here that would be able to assist, but I am not sure who.
    Ralph.

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    You could always send member Wilhelm Saris, (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/warme...bernr24392wrf/) a PM, I am sure he would be happy to help. Fred Green who is currently an ex member would also have been a good candidate to help but alas, as I said, he is an ex member but still resides over on WAF by that name. There may be others here that would be able to assist, but I am not sure who.
    Ralph.
    Thank you Ralph I will pursue those leads! Much appreciated

Sorry, but if this is the exaxt Waffenrock you intend to buy, the Schützenschnur has no business being there, as this is an officer's tunic, whereas the marksmanship lanyards were only worn by enlisted ranks.

[Specifially, this is the special-pattern Waffenrock for the Großdeutschland regiment. This item of dress was officially instituted in 1939, but never actually issued due to the outbreak of the war.*) It should also have a Großdeutschland cuff title on the right sleeve.]

*) Bit of trivia for movie buffs: Daniel Brühl in his role as Zoller in Inglourious Basterds got to wear it, though.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Sorry, but if this is the exaxt Waffenrock you intend to buy, the Schützenschnur has no business being there, as this is an officer's tunic, whereas the marksmanship lanyards were only worn by enlisted ranks.
    Thank you Andreas!
    Those were my thoughts, but I was unsure.
    Ralph.

good one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast