Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer specialty patches/research

Article about: I am working on a comprehensive list of Heer specialty patches from the TR era. So far, I have identified 28. The foundation for the list comes from the Davis books. I know there were patche

Default Heer specialty patches/research

I am working on a comprehensive list of Heer specialty patches from the TR era. So far, I have identified 28. The foundation for the list comes from the Davis books. I know there were patches removed from service and new ones introduced over time. My list is alphabetical with the exception of the Kraftfahr series which I kept together under the letter K as a group. I want to stay with the TR era if possible. I have heard of one possible addition regarding anti-aircraft balloon handlers - rare and hard to find. I will put together a representative example of each patch to go along with the list. Variations are numerous so there will be no effort to account for every little nuance. For example, I plan to include only the Zitronengelb Waffenfarbe for Nachrichtenpersonal. They came in every service color but can be represented by one main color. My goal is to have an easy reference guide for the collector. If this has already been accomplished I would like to see the results. Input welcome. NH

Last edited by Neil Hever; 03-30-2017 at 08:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer specialty patches/research
    P
    Many

This is the first page with missing patches represented by a photocopy. NH

Second page of specialty patches with missing type noted. Feedback? Anyone? NH

Next page. Comments? Anyone?

Hello Neil,
    Thanks for your time and work. I guess it will help out our members with these Heer speciality patches.
    I do own a few of them and can post them if this is of any interest...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Great work Neil. I don't remember ever seeing the Vets patch before.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Last pic, top middle one is Transport personel i believe.

Do you have more example photos of the patches and how should they look?

Thanks for your efforts Neil.

I remember when I was first collecting in the mid '80's these were not so collectable and somewhat dismissed ( maybe not sexy enough? ) nowadays it is thankfully a different situation.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Great work Neil. I don't remember ever seeing the Vets patch before.
    The serpent insignia was never authorized for veterinary personnel by regulations, however it was found on price list's as late as November 1937 listed for "Vetrinär-Mannschaften". The insignia was abolished on 6 April 1935 (HV 35 No.162) and substituted with a serpent on the shoulder boards.

Cheers
    Larry

Hi folks, Thanks for your input! Please do post what you have in your collection. Thanks for the feedback on the Veterinarian patch. I still consider it TR era - just not war time. No wonder it is so hard to find. Schirrmeister was in charge of repairs and associated shop for vehicles. I see the title is missing - will correct that problem. Next to it is Steurmann or boat pilot. I still think the correct number is 28 with some odd ball patches that did not see wide use.
    A work in progress. NH

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast