Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer Standard bearers gorget.

Article about: THe logo on the gorget Kevin shows here is for Assmann & Sohne of Ludenscheid and is not the Aurich logo, or version thereof as can be seen on the original gorget shown by Larry. Regards

I do not know where the story comes from the army gorget was not manufactured by the
    concern of F.W. Assmann. In an addendum page too their cataloque the gorget was shown
    with article-number 24680. The gorget was announced by an order from the Oberkommando
    des Heeres
    from August 4, 1936: Ringkragen und Ärmelabzeichen für Fahnen- und
    Standartenträger.

Heer Standard bearers gorget.

The first gorgets were manufactured by the concern of C.E. Junckers from Berlin and later also
    by Hermann Aurich from Dresden. The last one is extensively faked, but well manufactured.
    The tang is in the middle and short. Originally the tang should be more to the left (as seen
    from the viewer) and is long.

An early prototype from 1936 from Junckers did only have one bigger swastika, which was held by the eagle.
    The swastika's at the flags were covered by the wings of the big eagle. The design-drawing, which is shown
    here, was made by Paul Casberg and was upon the cover for the Military Advisor-magazine, nr.2
    from spring 1996 (courtesy George Petersen). The actual manufactured gorget was also the cover design for
    my book about gorgets (courtesy Andrew Mollo).

Heer Standard bearers gorget. Heer Standard bearers gorget.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Standard bearers gorget.
    P
    Many

I like it.

Thanks all and special thanks to Wim for the nice info.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

hi guys it sold for £2200+commision to much of a gamble for me,but thanks for your help...kev

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2