Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer Stug wrapper

Article about: The wrap looks mint, but the wool material of the boards look worn and is very different (as Ade posted), so not a good one, IMO. Regards, Jerry

Default Re: Heer Stug wrapper

The wrap looks mint, but the wool material of the boards look worn and is very different (as Ade posted), so not a good one, IMO.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Stug wrapper
    P
    Many

Tom...thanks, you guys are the bestest...any feedback for me on my other post on the SS uniform forum...title is Question: "White SS Dienstrock" actually some 15 odd articles...really need to know what are good items and fake and what an appoximate value the items have...you posted the pics for me...would love your opinion on the so I can try to get them before they go to auction...Elliott

Hi Tom, actually, the deathsheads you show are not Heer collar insignia used by various arms of the Panzerwaffe, but are tradition cap badges worn by a couple of Heer Regt's and the SS.

The collar tab insignia on the jacke are possibly original, but there is some surface pitting to them by the looks of it. Could be original and corroded or badly cast copies. A peek at the back would tell the full story as always.

Heer Panzerwaffe deathsheads are a study in their own right. Many subtle differences in design due to many different makers.

Cheers, Ade.

opps thanks for putting me right ade (two many deathshead types if you ask me)
    thanks

tom

No worries. Like I say, a study in their own right.

One of these days we should make a database of known original Heer collar tab deathsheads. Just for show, here is one of mine. You will notice straight away the slight design differences to those on the jacke.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Stug wrapper  

Great stuff...Elliott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2