Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Sumptarn Smock

Article about: What do members think of this Sumpftarn (Swamp) Pattern Smock, researching the patterns I find it to be a Wehrmacht Sumpmuster 44. Any information on whether the smock's good or not would be

?

Default Heer Sumptarn Smock

What do members think of this Sumpftarn (Swamp) Pattern Smock, researching the patterns I find it to be a Wehrmacht Sumpmuster 44. Any information on whether the smock's good or not would be appreciated. Sorry a couple of shots haven't turn out as well as expected.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Sumptarn Smock   Heer Sumptarn Smock  

Heer Sumptarn Smock   Heer Sumptarn Smock  

Heer Sumptarn Smock  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Sumptarn Smock
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Sumptarn Smock

I read somewhere that these 'swamp' or 'water' pattern cammo items were used by the Bundeswehr in the late 40's / early 50's ....... or am I dreamin'?

Dan

?

I read somewhere that these 'swamp' or 'water' pattern cammo items were used by the Bundeswehr in the late 40's / early 50's ....... or am I dreamin'?

Dan, I think your dreaming - there was no Bundeswehr in the 40's or early 50's. The Bundeswehr was founded only in 1955.

Hello,
    Better and bigger photos would be appreciated for a definitive comment.
    From these photos, this smock has original features, but i would like to see more.
    These are heavily faked nowadays and as they're not cheap, better be safe than sorry...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Hello JPhilip,
    I know the picture quality is not the best, taking them at night with the flash was the only chance I had of getting any photos at all. I've included with this post three further photos perhaps they may help, a little nonplussed on what you mean exactly on getting bigger photos, is it close-ups of buttons, button holes, stitching ?
    I wonder if the stamp DKG may say something to collectors or perhaps the styling and stitching patterns may mean something also to collectors. Thanks for the post.
    Regards

Ps - It appears the gremlins have got into the picture upload system, not able to upload photos will try later.

sunpftarn camo was used after the war by the BGS
    Bundesgrenzschutz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jphilip is right. i hope to own one of these...one day

Thank-you Franz, I thought I read that somewhere ( I was wrong yet right ).

Alec - wasn't meaning to dis your smock ( and I do hope it's wartime, it's in such nice condition ) but as JPhilip said, the ready availability of such material is a fakers dream.

Cheers, Dan

?

JPhilip,
    Here are as promised three further photos of the smock.
    Best Wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Sumptarn Smock   Heer Sumptarn Smock  

Heer Sumptarn Smock  

Hello Alec,
    Thanks for additional photos.
    From where i stand, i see no red flag concerning this 1st pattern Heer camo smock (2nd pattern has a hood with or without face veil).
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Hello JPhilip,
    Thanks for the help. I regard military clothing as perhaps the most difficult forum to run effectively. Collectors have to be at the top of their game, so many uniform variants, so many good high quality copies in circulation and sometimes the posted pictures are not the best. I think, although a lot of collectors like to own uniforms, real experts amongst them are few and far between. So again thanks for your time and expertise.
    Best Wishes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast