Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer tunic - is it authentic?? Please help.

Article about: Hi, I picked this up today along with some US items. Since I mostly collect US I am not familiar with German uniforms. I took a gamble on this one. Please tell me whether it is authentic. Al

Default Heer tunic - is it authentic?? Please help.

Hi,
    I picked this up today along with some US items.
    Since I mostly collect US I am not familiar with German uniforms.
    I took a gamble on this one.
    Please tell me whether it is authentic.
    Also what is it worth so I know if I overpaid.
    Thank you very much.
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer tunic - is it authentic??  Please help.   Heer tunic - is it authentic??  Please help.  

Heer tunic - is it authentic??  Please help.   Heer tunic - is it authentic??  Please help.  

Heer tunic - is it authentic??  Please help.   Heer tunic - is it authentic??  Please help.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer tunic - is it authentic??  Please help.
    P
    Many

To me i dont think its right looks to be missing the front Belt loops holes and also the back ones look odd ,the inside of the tunic also looks wrong .i may be wrong but i think this is a early film prop tunic but see what others say

Hi Mark, sorry to say it is a repro. As pointed out the details are wrong to belt supports, lack of field dressing pocket, odd colour lining,

Some of the insignia is original though.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,
    Several years ago, some Feldblusen like this one have been posted on the WAF by different members. All these Feldblusen were basically the same, with Artillerie Litzen applied. They all had buttons for the shoulderstraps identifiying a 6th Batterie of an Artillerie Regiment. Lining were all identical as well...the consensus was that they were original, most probably privately purchased at unit level early in time...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

So it may be an authentic private purchase of soldiers from the 6th Artillery Battalion, is that right?
    Is there any way for me to check further to confirm?
    I know nothing about German uniforms so is it enlisted or officer?
    Also what is it missing so I can add pieces to complete it?
    Lastly What is it worth?
    I want to know if I paid too much.
    Thank you all for your responses so far.

?

The consensus my have been original at WAF but my opinion is that it is not original.
    Why would several appear at once ? If that was the case it sounds more like a costume department of some kind desposing of old inventory
    Nit picking, but the tunic should have a wound bandage inner pocket.
    The lining is not a full one, looks more like a costume rather than made for military field wear. And as already mentioned the belt hooks look bogus to me.
    It would also be nice to see the complete interior.

HEER you go - photos of the inside/liner.
    No pun intended.
    Actually I was making a joke.
    Anyway, I know my opinion is not very valuable but for what it is worth it looks and smells really old.
    It looks like it got a lot of use.
    Now whether that was during reenacting or not, I have no clue.
    However, I will say that it looks a lot like this one on SVM's site.
    Scroll down to Item: 71152 M36 Tunic & Matching Trouser Set Austrian Made
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer tunic - is it authentic??  Please help.   Heer tunic - is it authentic??  Please help.  

Quote by SteveR View Post
    The consensus my have been original at WAF but my opinion is that it is not original.
    Why would several appear at once ? If that was the case it sounds more like a costume department of some kind desposing of old inventory
    Nit picking, but the tunic should have a wound bandage inner pocket.
    The lining is not a full one, looks more like a costume rather than made for military field wear. And as already mentioned the belt hooks look bogus to me.
    It would also be nice to see the complete interior.

Hello Steve,
    I'm afraid that i'll have to be the Devil's advocate here even if i have no dog in this race...
    The lack of field dressings pocket is not a problem for me as these Feldblusen were not meant for combat but rather for practicing/parading.
    I'm sorry to say, but the lining may look like more like a costume than uniform one, in fact it is nothing less than THE lining adopted by the german army in 1933, used for the Feldbluse 1933, the Feldbluse 1933 modified 1934 and the Feldbluse 1933 modified 1935....and it is the same thing for the front belt hook, as this Feldlbuse is obviously patterned after a Feldbluse 1933, there's no reason for it to have front hooks as the latter didn't have any...
    I do have the weakness to believe this Feldbluse to be original...not regulation, but original
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

It looks a lot like this one on SVM's site.
    German WWII
    Scroll down to Item: 71152 M36 Tunic & Matching Trouser Set Austrian Made
    Does anyone agree??
    Even the liner looks the same.

Well, JPhilip DID write the Feldbluse book! .. so I defer to his knowledge.
    I did think that moths were more discerning than to munch on repros!!

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast