Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer uniform

Article about: Ok boys here it is . I have the opportunity to buy this tunic . I'm more into US uniforms easier to spot the fakes. To me this looks the part any help would be greatly appreciated . Thank yo

?

Default Heer uniform

Ok boys here it is . I have the opportunity to buy this tunic . I'm more into US uniforms easier to spot the fakes. To me this looks the part any help would be greatly appreciated . Thank you for looking Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer uniform   Heer uniform  

Heer uniform   Heer uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer uniform
    P
    Many

?

If I'm doing my research correct this is a private purchase M36 tunic for artillary ??

Gary,

I'm in the same wheelhouse with you as I am knowledgeable about US uniforms.. But based on what I am seeing I like this.. I don't see any obvious issues..

I hope it is a decent period original uniform..

Smitty

?

Me to Smitty thanks for looking

The E.K.II ribbon attached to the buttonhole is a reproduction, I can tell you that much. Note the reinforced border, rather than the scalloped edges seen on period ribbons. It doesn't speak for the rest of the tunic, but it is a red flag.

Regards, B.B.

?

Thanks BB this is why I'm asking before I buy

RSW
    ?

I think this tunic has been messed with, as the sleeve rank insignia of obergefreiter does not match the sewn-in shoulder boards that are for a feldwebel rank. Both of these different ranks would not have been worn on the same tunic at the same time. Also kind of hard to tell from the fotos but if the collar was designed to be worn open that might be another issue, as I believe continental Heer tunics (like this is supposed to be) were to be worn with the collar closed and not open. If I am correct about that and the collar on this tunic can't be worn closed (because it is made to be worn open only) then that is another issue with it. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable can comment on that?

The pictured tunic reminds me of a post war West German Bundesgrenzschutz (BGS) uniform that somebody has modified to look like TR period Heer. I am no expert but I would pass on it, unless someone comes up with valid justifications for what is wrong with it. Also, if this is a BGS tunic, the added obergefreiter stripes patch on the sleeve could be covering up the sewing thread marks where the BGS national eagle patch once was, as that is a dead giveaway to a BGS tunic being passed off as a fake TR tunic.

Hope this helps. Good luck with it.

?

RSW thank you for your in-depth response. I'm not familiar with BGS.

TWS
    ?

I would prefer to evaluate in person, but just from the photos I see a few yellow, if not red flags.

The material looks a little off, but there was utilization of captured Czech wool that had a very similar texture.
    The pockets do not have chest darts and the bottoms are a bit rounded for an issue tunic... yet it has a bandage pocket. I don't recall ever seeing a private purchase tunic with a bandage pocket. Never say never, but it's a yellow flag. The striped sleeve linings also point to private purchase. Contract (issue) tunics did not have them.
    Also, as already noted, the Obergefreiter stripe does not belong with those Feldwebel shoulder straps and there appears to be no hook and eyelet to close the collar. Hard to tell, but there also appears to be no provisions for a Kragenbinde, or collar liner. And I agree with B.B. the button hole ribbon appears to be a reproduction.

If I had to decide based on just these limited photos, I would pass.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Some wonderful feedback from our members who are well versed in this subject area..

RSW, TWS, and all others Thank you all very much for sharing your knowledge with us all...

Best regards

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast