Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer uniform

Article about: Ok boys here it is . I have the opportunity to buy this tunic . I'm more into US uniforms easier to spot the fakes. To me this looks the part any help would be greatly appreciated . Thank yo

?

Guys thanks for the advice I will get more photos . I Thank you all for helping

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer uniform
    P
    Many

RSW
    ?

The more I look at the pictured tunic, the more convinced I am that it is a post war 1950's Bundesgrenzschutz (BGS) tunic with some added TR insignia, making it fake TR. While there are several examples of BGS tunics elsewhere here on WRF with TR insignia added (and also intended to deceive), the ones I saw have a similar (but different) weave to the material. But over on the AHF forum there is a BGS tunic pictured (not modified to look TR but left original) that otherwise looks identical to the one questioned in this thread, right down to the material itself:

Heer uniform

Heer uniform
    Sources & more examples: Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums - View Single Post - 2. Model BGS Uniform

Note especially the BGS tunic collar details, where the dark green meets the lighter green, which matches the questioned tunic in this thread. To my knowledge no enlisted TR Heer tunics ever looked like that. The material color, pockets and overall design also match BGS. While the seller may not be aware of these inaccuracies or may not have modified the tunic to look TR themselves (people can get duped the further from an original faker's hands that a piece gets), to me it is still a fake.

And while it is possible that an NCO like a feldwebel could have a private purchase tunic, the idea of lower enlisted like a obergefreiter having such a thing is less likely. But because this tunic is obviously not generalized standard issue, the "private purchase" claim might be used to help explain away why it is different, when in reality that story could be used to cover up the fact that it is a BGS tunic and not TR. And as I said up thread, the obergefreiter stripe patch may conveniently be covering up where the BGS federal eagle patch once was.

?

RSW thank you for the more in depth look at this tunic . I'm going to try and get some more photos of it today . unfortunately there are no stamps or makers label which to me could be another red flag . Gary

?

I did notice one differance between the BGS tunic and the one I posted are button holes on the collar. Seller sent this photo tonight . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer uniform  

?

A few more photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer uniform   Heer uniform  

Heer uniform   Heer uniform  

Heer uniform   Heer uniform  

Hello,

Stay away from it!! It is not a standard em issue tunic and has to many questions. Most likely a modified BGS tunic. The collar looks like crap buttoned up and the top button hole looks shady. Stay away from it and save your money.

Fred

RSW
    ?

To me this is still a BGS tunic. Even though there are buttons and holes for the collar to be worn closed (like a continental TR Heer tunic should have), this tunic was still designed to be worn with an open collar and that makes it wrong for the time period. Another tell tale sign of this (including the collar not lining up right when buttoned closed, as Fred Green mentioned) is this detail, seen in one of the photos provided and which I have circled in red:

Heer uniform

The center line is offset abruptly at about a 90 degree angle so that the tunic can be worn with the collar open and still have the buttons and button holes below the open collar line up properly down the front of the tunic. Otherwise it would not need to be offset like it is. Compare the cut of the questioned tunic with this M36 tunic that does not have such an offset center line, because its collar is designed to be worn closed:

Heer uniform

The sweep of the center line on the M36 tunic (as pictured) is supposed to be there. While it can be worn with an open collar (when permitted), genuine TR Heer continental tunics were not designed to be worn that way permanently, like TR Heer tropical tunics are. And like post war BGS tunics are.

At the risk of belaboring these points I will stop here, except to repeat my belief that this is a modified BGS tunic intended to deceive. I am interested in helping others in the hobby as well as learning, so if anyone has evidence to the contrary of my conclusions I welcome them to add whatever information they have. Thanks.

?

Fred and RSW thank you for your time and comments . As for this tunic I will pass on it . thank you guys again.

TWS
    ?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Fred and RSW thank you for your time and comments . As for this tunic I will pass on it . thank you guys again.
    Wise move. Now that I see the additional photos, stay away!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

I looked at it again in person and could see a shadow on the sleeve that the chevron was partially covering . Thanks again guys .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2