Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Waffenrocks

Article about: recently purchased 2 waffenrocks at militaria show this M36 heer infantry waffenrock officers dress tunic & a privately made heer infantry signals waffenrock,i am still researching these

Default Heer Waffenrocks

recently purchased 2 waffenrocks at militaria show this M36 heer infantry waffenrock officers dress tunic & a privately made heer infantry signals waffenrock,i am still researching these particular tunics & waffenrocks in general as i was told by my dealer the eagle insignia on this M36 heer waffenrock is of an italian division in the heer/wehrmacht,all buttons are maked RZM & makermarked,both in very nice condition,.any comments much appretiated.if anyone has more info on the M36 heer with what i was told the eagle insignia was an italian division in the wehrmacht please let me know,.thanks here are some photos

cheers
    Heer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer WaffenrocksHeer Waffenrocks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Waffenrocks
    P
    Many

?

Not sure about "Italian division eagle" perhaps he was insinuating the breast eagle was made in Italy. Just a thought.

Thankfully and accurately.....it doesn't appear any of the buttons shown above are RZM marked. FLL, Friedrich Linden-Lüdenscheid I believe, is a manufacture, not the Reichszeugmeisterei identification marking. The other example, though not completely shown, is marked extra fein(which is roughly translated to 'extra fine'): again, it too isn't marked with the Reichszeugmeisterei trademark.
    Nonetheless you have what appear to be two lovely original waffenrocks. The infantryman's eagle is indeed intriguing, good luck with your research.

Neither is for an officer, actually; both are badged for infantry NCOs.

As has been said above, the button markings are maker marks and not from the RZM, which is how it should be. RZM markings were on political/Party-controlled items only, but never on army ones.

The one with the signals Blitz is for a Feldwebel. It looks good to me.

The other one is for an Unterfeldwebel.
    The breast eagle is very odd and, frankly, ugly. The "Italian division eagle" story is nonsense. There were Italian soldiers in the Wehrmacht, but they did not have a special eagle design. (The Italians in the Waffen-SS did, however.) Anyway, by the time foreign volunteers made their appearance in the Wehrmacht, Waffenrock tunics had long since stopped to be issued and were only retained by those had obtained them up until 1939.
    Another thing of concern is the NCO Tresse [braid] on the tunic. For starters, it is of the Luftwaffe pattern. The Tresse on the shoulder boards and the collar is poorly applied (note how it is too far from the collar's edges or the damage at the seam where the shoulder board is sewn-in) and it is missing altogether from the top edge of the sleeve turn-ups where it should be present (as it is on the other tunic). I suspect this one has been messed with.

Just my two cents, as I am not an expert for these tunics. Surely other members will be able to add more comments.

Default Need Help on these tunics!!

i need more information on these tunics as i am selling them & any extra comments on these would help alot & be very much appretiated.anything you notice that maybe has not been mentioned or i have missed.cheers si

Heer Waffenrocks

& thanks to HPL2008,youthcollector & anzel for your comments last time,.much appretiated!

cheers,
    si