Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

helmet cover

Article about: by WOODSNAKE Real or not it aint worth 2,200 euros! and yes it's not even SS! as the late great Steve Erwin would say...CRIKEY!! Off screen he would have said "you have to be f------ jo

Default Re: SS helmet cover

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    Real or not it aint worth 2,200 euros! and yes it's not even SS! as the late great Steve Erwin would say...CRIKEY!!
    Off screen he would have said "you have to be f------ joking mate"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmet cover
    P
    Many

2000 euros a bit much for a modern repro

definatly as reacactors can get them for about 30

poor knowledge here

?

2200 Euro for a helmet cover? That's crazy.

?

Quote by besslein View Post
    poor knowledge here
    Please elaborate as so far all weve heard is Original and poor knowledge from you, if you are correct and we are wrong then by all means share your views and educate us as to why this is a period piece, noones infallible and if a reasonable explanation is put forward i'm sure we are not adverse to admitting a mistake, also if period would you pay this extortionate amount, the problem a lot of us have here is that E-bay is the main source of countless fakes and only on rare occassions does a true period item present itself but again the fakes are commanding very high prices, i am still not happy with the apparent damage in the areas shown and the cleanliness of the threads, it certainly isnt insect damage or moth nips nor is it caused by a wire basket

Hi Fella's,
    Maybe besslein meant the discription of "SS helmet cover" was poor knowledge on the part of the seller?
    Have a good one.

?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Hi Fella's,
    Maybe besslein meant the discription of "SS helmet cover" was poor knowledge on the part of the seller?
    Have a good one.
    I hope so

no i dont,i mean that you guys dont know how a real cover looks like and what is a price for a real one,this one was real and the price was right for a splinter camo cover.

Quote by besslein View Post
    no i dont,i mean that you guys dont know how a real cover looks like and what is a price for a real one,this one was real and the price was right for a splinter camo cover.
    huh you sure about that double check maybe

the helmet at the start of the thread is the exact same one as is being sold on places like Soldier of Fortune as a repro for £15 have a look in third reich/clotheing/headwear/accessories on the 3 page...........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast