MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

helmet cover

Article about: by WOODSNAKE Real or not it aint worth 2,200 euros! and yes it's not even SS! as the late great Steve Erwin would say...CRIKEY!! Off screen he would have said "you have to be f------ jo

?

Default Re: SS helmet cover

Quote by besslein View Post
    no i dont,i mean that you guys dont know how a real cover looks like and what is a price for a real one,this one was real and the price was right for a splinter camo cover.
    Could you please explain to all of us with less knowledge why you think that this helmet cover is original? I can also say it's a 1985 DPM pattern, but that does not necessarily make it so... I think it looks like modern repro for a variety of reasons. The holes look fake, bacause it is the only wear and tear it has. Tha straps have IMO never been "stuffed" with any kind of camoflage material, such as grass, twigs ect. I cant remember how often i had to change helmet cover when i was in the army, but i changed a few. And that was not even i combat use. It just looks too damn new to me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmet cover
    P
    Many

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Could you please explain to all of us with less knowledge why you think that this helmet cover is original? I can also say it's a 1985 DPM pattern, but that does not necessarily make it so... I think it looks like modern repro for a variety of reasons. The holes look fake, bacause it is the only wear and tear it has. Tha straps have IMO never been "stuffed" with any kind of camoflage material, such as grass, twigs ect. I cant remember how often i had to change helmet cover when i was in the army, but i changed a few. And that was not even i combat use. It just looks too damn new to me.
    somehow i don't think we going to get a response

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Hi Fella's,
    Maybe besslein meant the discription of "SS helmet cover" was poor knowledge on the part of the seller?
    Have a good one.
    Well maybe not,so much for my faith in the better side of human nature

Well it went for crazy money IMO, and there is no way i would pay this ammount for a piece i never had in hands. The buyer had tot trust the seller, telling him its real, but to me it looks aged and not a period item. And the seller has even more of these up for sale now, all with the same damage. Maybe he found a bunch somewere in Normandie, or maybe not...

?

People who buy such c... almost deserves it. It's incredible that people can get away with selling such items, and it's a mystery to me that buyers does not research on what they buy.... for that price! Maybe the seller "bought" this one himself to create interest and "good" response? Who knows...

?

It looks like original heeres cover to me. The prices for covers is a bit too high, even I will never take one for me myself for a such money
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Guys, I have known "besslein" for several years now and he knows what he is looking at.

From the pics I would say it is original too. I am well aware of re-enactor copies. But I am lucky enough to have held a few originals in my time.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: helmet cover

I will always be able to admit if i have been wrong, No problem with that. I think however it would have been very correct of "besslein" to tell why this items is an original, now that it seems he have some authority on the subject, instead of in a semi arrogant manner to tell us all we do not know anything. Have he done so it might had brought us all a little further. Maybe it's good, maybe not. I still think it looks a little "arty farty". But what do i know...

hello Ade hope all is well;-)
    Datre this cover in question is a textbook one looker,i have seen in my life a bit,and cloth ,construction,and this maker code stamp is all what i love to see on period made original.here are few more like this one in well know helmets collections.

?

Thank you for the answer besslein. I shall save this pic and keep it for future reference. If you don't mind, can you post another pic of an original?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast