Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help! Can you help me identify this belt?

Article about: Hello everyone, and a merry christmas to you all. Today I got given a pristine Heer dagger, and a belt. Only problem is, my parents don't know who the belt belonged to.... the man in the sho

Here it is Glenn!

apparently it belonged to this man

Johannes "Johann" Lutz who was a highly decorated Leutnant in the Wehrmacht

He was also known as the Panzerknacker of Battle of Hürtgen Forest and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Lutz was captured by US forces in April 1945 and was held until November 1945.
    on November the 17th 1938 he entered the service of the 'Wehrmacht' at the Infantry-Regiment 63 in Ingolstadt. There he was trained as a machine gunner. From the on-set of the war he participated in the Invasion of Poland as a MG-1 gunner. During the Battle of France he acted as a group leader. On 11 October 1940 the second battalion was incorporated into the 'Kradschützenbataillon'.

At the beginning of the campaign in the Soviet Union, Lutz was the leader of the 3rd infantry group to the 'Kradschützenbatallion 17'. As early as the 2 July 1941 he was awarded the Iron Cross 2nd Class. Later on Lutz was transferred to the 6th 'Panzergrenadier-Regiment 63', where he served as the leader of a company. At Orel Lutz was awarded the Iron Cross 1st Class, on the 28 August 1942. In 1943 Lutz was trained as an officer at the gun-school in Ohrdruf in Thuringia and in Groß Glienicke near Berlin. In 1944 he participated in a master course for technical tank officers at the Panzertruppenschule Krampnitz. After the beginning of the Invasion of Normandy in 1944 Lutz was assigned as a troop leader for the first troop of the 'Divisionsbegleitkompanie' of the 116th Panzer Division. With the division he fought at Arnheim and later in the bloody battles in the Eifel.

In the combat zone of Aachen he was awarded with the Knights Cross of the Iron Cross on 9 December 1944 for the occupation and protection of Vossenack. During this fight in Hürtgenwald he destroyed 5 US Tanks within one day. Following this the first troop of the 'Divisionsbegleitkompanie' was signed into the 'Ehrenblatt' of the 116 tank division. After this Lutz became company leader and first lieutenant and fought in the Ruhr Pocket. On 20 April 1945 Lutz became an American prisoner of war, at this point he served as adjutant to the combat commander in the Harz mountains. This album contains a photo of it's officer owner [see gallery, name unknown] wearing his Heer dagger which we had, and sold separaretely. The album contains 75 photos approx. including the regiment marching in parades and in machine gun training etc.

sold separately???? YES! My bl**dy mum bought it!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help! Can you help me identify this belt?
    P
    Many

both items are v/nice.

Thanks Harry! Unfortunately the pommel was sold separately

?

The photo you have posted isn't the RKt Hans Lutz !!! What provenance have you got that links the Dagger to lutz ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2